Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pureserb
    • Nov 2002

Converting Xivd to Mpeg

I dont know if I should ask or not ,I havent got any replays on last 2 treads,but any way I would ask if anyone knows how to convert Xvid to Mpeg,Virtuldub and Tmpg cant do the job.
    Xvid has AC3 - AUDIO CODEC - Virtualdub dosnot read.
    *PS* Everything works if I play ti in W.M.P. I got all the codec for Xvid and AC3 - but i cant convert it wav and mpeg .

Thank you all
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

For the sound stream, extract the AC3 file using nandub and convert it to WAV using BeSweet. You can then input the WAV into TMPGEnc.

As for the video, you should be able to load it up into TMPGEnc without a problem (I loaded an XviD clip into it with no error, though I did not try converting it).

Comment

• pureserb
      • Nov 2002

converting Xvid - mpeg

Can you give some steps how can i do it ,becase geting some errors like:ACM FAILD TO SUGEST AUDIO DECOMPRESSION FORMAT

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

1. Open AVI (that contains the AC3 file) in nandub
        2. Set Audio tab to Direct Stream Copy
        3. Go to File -> Save WAV... and give a name to the new file

The resulting file will be an AC3 file, albeit with a WAV extension. Simply rename it to AC3.

Comment

• pureserb
          • Nov 2002

Xvid

thank you it works.this BeSweet - program i couldnt find it on digital-digest ,where can i get it? And sorry for buging you so much

Comment

• pureserb
            • Nov 2002

xvid

Ijust forgot to ask why is that audio file so small like 94 mg ,when converting with Virtualdub its biger then a movie

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

Search for BeSweet at Doom9's site.

Ijust forgot to ask why is that audio file so small like 94 mg ,when converting with Virtualdub its biger then a movie
              I don't quite catch you. Are you referring to the AC3 or WAV file? And where does Virtualdub fit in the conversion (you can't possible use it to work with AC3 file).

Comment

• pureserb
                • Nov 2002

Xvid

I was talking about wav. In Nondub when i save as wav. i get file 94mg is that how it should be?I know when i convert Divx or Avi in Virtualdub i get file like 1050 mg from 699mg (avi or divx).Can you tell me where to get BeSweet,and how to use it or what should be done in BeSweet , Thx. Bro.

Comment

• Enchanter
                  Old member
                  • Feb 2002

I was talking about wav. In Nondub when i save as wav. i get file 94mg is that how it should be?I know when i convert Divx or Avi in Virtualdub i get file like 1050 mg from 699mg (avi or divx).
                  That is because you are only extracting the AC3 file from the AVI file (which, as I previously mentioned, will have the extension WAV). As for the latter scenario, I would assume that you are extracting the audio out as UNCOMPRESSED WAV file...

Can you tell me where to get BeSweet
                  Thank you so much for not properly reading my previous post...

,and how to use it or what should be done in BeSweet
                  It is quite simple to use. Just open it, specify where the BeSweet.exe is, where the input file is, and where you want the output file to be.

Comment

• pureserb
                    • Nov 2002

BeSweet

I having problem with BeSweet .Can someone please tell me step by step how to use it ,you sad its easy but i cant getit going . THX GUYS

Comment

Working...