Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jak
    • Jan 2002

Help Needed for a Newby please

Hi there everyone, been readin thru a bit of the boards and think it's all great. Hiya there too to Setarip and Fishy, you guys seem to know what you're talkin about and give great help and that's kinda what i need. I downloaded a movie, my first, off a Gnutella site, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, went to play it as soon as it was downloaded and of course wouldn't play. It would look for the codec and there was none. So after spending all nite trying to actually do something with it and downloading codecs and other programs left right and center i finally hit a posting by one of you that led me to a patch for divx. Downloaded that and tried again and to my disbelief it actually started working......BUT.
    The movie was playing great and had great quality, there was just no sound, absolutely none. Is there any way i can fix this or is there something more i need to do to get the sound also??.. Alot of people had the same file that i downloaded so i'm pretty sure the file has sound, but playin it thru Win Media Player it is just soundless.

If anyone can help me out or have had the same/similar prob any info or help would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks heaps,
    Jak.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"i'm pretty sure the file has sound, but playin it thru Win Media Player it is just soundless."

Since nothing is certain in life, I'd first ask that while playing the file under the Windows Media Player, does the little megaphone icon have an "X" through it. If so, the file has no sound.

Also, in Explorer, rightclick on the file, click on "Properties", select the "Details" tab, read the "Audio" information. It should tell you which, if any audio codec was used to create the .AVI.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...