X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • russ_beer
    • Jan 2003

really stuck with dvd VOB files

Continued...

i burnt a 1x speed like i always do, i did nothing different than normal, the only thing i can spot thats different is that there are about double the amount of IFO, BUP and VOB files than what there normally would be, 25 i think...

I know some of these VOB files are for trailers and special features of the dvd, but i'm not bothered about having them on the finished article. My questions are:

1. Can i use any program that will allow me to take the 4 main VOB files from the VIDEO_TS folder and then i can author my own menu, minus the trailer and special features?

2. Do you have any idea why either of my chosen burning softwares won't allow me to burn the dvd?

3. Why would the DVD play flawlessly on PC only, and nothing else??

Hope anyone can help me, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,
    Russ_beer
  • russ_beer
    • Jan 2003

Hi,

I'm new to this, and i am having trouble with a dvd i downloaded from a newsgroup, and i was hoping you could give me a hand as you have with some of the other n00bs, you being the king of digital video and all!!

my problem is i downloaded "the sum of all fears" on dvd from a newsgroup, and after unraring it into AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders, i tried to burn to dvd-r (the folders are small enough) but Prassi or RecordNow Max wont do it, it tries to start and then immediatly stops after "fixing up" appears in the status window of either pieces of software, then "terminated with errors" comes up on screen and thats it.

I tried to burn it using Nero, and it burnt, but wont play on anything other than my pc, and i wanted it to play through my home cinema system...

(sorry, i posted them the wrong way round!)

Comment

• russ_beer
      • Jan 2003

please help me!!

Comment

Working...