X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pops
    • Feb 2003

Everything but the movie on TV-out

Hi,

I have a Compaq Evo N800v, 1,9ghz, 512mb ram running XP Professional with an ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 card using the latest ATI Enhanced driver.

When I try to watch movies on the TV i see the desktop and everything on the TV but not the movie. I see mediaplayer but the space where the movie should be is black.

What's wrong?
  • luigi101
    • Sep 2003

There is a problem with the drivers on the instalation cd. below i cut and pasted from the ati site with a search for black screen. It talks about the extended desktop. these are the two blue buttons under the monitor and tv pictures .(where you turn on the tv):

When attempting to run the ATI DVD Player in Full Screen mode, the Secondary display will turn black.

This issue does not occur when Extended Desktop is not enabled.

When entering Full Screen mode, the ATI DVD Player window should expand to fill the Primary display only. In this instance however, the Player attempts to expand to the entire desktop covering both displays.

To correct this issue, obtain and install both:
    ATI Multimedia Center 7.6 (or higher)
    ATI DVD Player 7.6 (or higher)
    Note: It is recommended that Display Driver version 5.13.01.6043 or higher be installed when using the above software.

Current driver and software versions are available fo

Comment

• luigi101
      • Sep 2003

It makes .mpg movies on your monitor turn black also. turn off extended desktop and you will be allright.

Comment

Working...