No combination of filters could be found to render the stream.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zpd
    • Feb 2003

No combination of filters could be found to render the stream.

If this problem has been resolved in some other post, please point it out for me.

The problem is this:

1) When trying to play a video file in WMP, I get the following error: "No combination of filters could be found to render the stream." "No combination of filters could be found to render the stream. (Error=80040218)"

2) When loaded into Gspot 2.1, the bottom section called "DirectShow Render", that contains textboxes labeled "Source, Video Media, Audio Media, Splitter/Other, Video Codec, Audio Codec", shows no info (the textboxes remain empty). The other sections say: "File Length Correct, Codec IS installed, Codec IS installed".

Here is a screenshot:

This problem is repeated in several video files, not only this one. Ask away.
  • StarGazer
    • Feb 2003

I have had the same experience with video files that had previously played without trouble. The cause seemed to be that the codec had been corrupted, since when I reinstalled the codec, the video worked perfectly. Because the codec was always installed GSpot does not return any problem.

My suspicion is that amongst other things, live updates from certain player developers such as Microsoft can screw the setup. This is because with more than one of my computers video has worked fine until an automatic update occurred. After reinstalling the DivX codec everything returned to normal.

So, my guess would be reinstall DivX and take it from there.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

In order to provide (possibly) more meaningful information:

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDub or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• Zpd
        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by setarip
        In order to provide (possibly) more meaningful information:

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDub or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• Zpd
          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by StarGazer
          I have had the same experience with video files that had previously played without trouble. The cause seemed to be that the codec had been corrupted, since when I reinstalled the codec, the video worked perfectly. Because the codec was always installed GSpot does not return any problem.

My suspicion is that amongst other things, live updates from certain player developers such as Microsoft can screw the setup. This is because with more than one of my computers video has worked fine until an automatic update occurred. After reinstalling the DivX codec everything returned to normal.

So, my guess would be reinstall DivX and take it from there.
          I tried reinstalling Divx 5.03 with no results.

Edit:
          Started thinking... what did you mean by reinstalling? How can I be 100% sure all previous codecs have been removed?
          Last edited by Zpd; 21 Feb 2003, 05:31 AM.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

1) On a backup copy of this file, use FourCCChanger to change the video codec information to "DX50"

2) If that does solve the problem, you'll then probably notice that you can't fast forward or fast reverse - due to the fact that the videostream appears to have only one keyframe...

Comment

• Zpd
              • Feb 2003

Originally posted by setarip
              1) On a backup copy of this file, use FourCCChanger to change the video codec information to "DX50"

2) If that does solve the problem, you'll then probably notice that you can't fast forward or fast reverse - due to the fact that the videostream appears to have only one keyframe...
              Problem persists:

Comment

• StarGazer
                • Feb 2003

When I reinstalled my codec that is all I did, I did not uninstall anything first.

I think its fair to say that we don't know if the problem is with the video files or your installation.

Have you looked at the FAQ's on the DivX movies site? This particular one may be of some help:
                DivX FAQ. Introduction, Requirements, Installation problems, Playback problems, Common questions, Error messages.

It might be worth also installing the v3.11 codec and seeing if it makes any difference. It can coexist with v5.
                Last edited by StarGazer; 22 Feb 2003, 03:32 AM.

Comment

• Zpd
                  • Feb 2003

Originally posted by StarGazer
                  When I reinstalled my codec that is all I did, I did not uninstall anything first.

I think its fair to say that we don't know if the problem is with the video files or your installation.

Have you looked at the FAQ's on the DivX movies site? This particular one may be of some help:
                  DivX FAQ. Introduction, Requirements, Installation problems, Playback problems, Common questions, Error messages.

It might be worth also installing the v3.11 codec and seeing if it makes any difference. It can coexist with v5.
                  Interesting... the test file you pointed out for me seems to work fine. I hope the problem is indeed in these files that don't work, although at first the symptoms seemed to point at a directshow problem. I will try and fix these files using a method described in another thread.

Thank you very much everyone.

Comment

• Batman
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Jan 2002

ZPD, from the "File information" you obtained from Virtualdub the media file seems to be a fake (Non-functional).

Comment

• Zpd
                      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Batman
                      ZPD, from the "File information" you obtained from Virtualdub the media file seems to be a fake (Non-functional).
                      This could very well be the case. I hope the thing in http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=16745 concerning Virtualdub works.

Comment

• digitaldick
                        • Feb 2003

more about that.....

Batman- could you explain what, in the AVI Information Screenshot that was provided, gave you the indication that Zpd's movie is a fake?

Zpd- you will post back with some followup? pleasssse!
                        be humble....be wise!

Comment

• Batman
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Jan 2002

To "DIGITALDICK"

What leads me to believe that this file is non-functional or "very screwy" encode is that, in the "file information" posted by ZPD, the min/avg/max keyframe values are all the same (1969/1969/1969)

Comment

• digitaldick
                            • Feb 2003

more about that.....

Thanks, Batman, that gives me something to compare against. I would have thought it had something to do with the fact that only 1 keyframe was reported. I appreciate your followup.
                            be humble....be wise!

Comment

• Batman
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Jan 2002

Oh yeah, that too.... 1 keyframe is kind of "unique"

Comment

Working...