X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Digby
    • Jan 2003

This version testing date is expired?

Hi All,

I went to do some normal encoding using Windows Media Encoder 9 series just like usual and now this error keeps popping up:

This version testing date is expired!

Nothing else and I have no idea how to fix the problem? Keeps on popping up and I am unable to encode. I suspect a rogue codec or filter but I cannot see where or what and have no idea how to remove filters. Any help much appreciated, at this point I'm about to re-install XP to get rid of this error.

Thanks, Digs.
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Have you checked out the WME9 encoder website? Perhaps the beta has an expiry date.

Comment

• Digby
      • Jan 2003

Hey Batman,

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah done that, I took off all codecs that were not needed as I have two machines - one is a complete vanilla XP install and then this one, the one with the problems not vanilla. I took off all codecs and took it back to vanilla. I removed WME9 and re-installed, still no difference. On the vanillia machine I can encode no problem, something is installed on my main machine which pops up this error - I also get it when watching MPEG1/2 videos' with the WMP so I know it's a codec/filter issue. Dollars to doughnuts some codec/filter is still installed and giving me grief! I do not know how to get it all back to normal?

Any idea's?

Later, Digs.

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

Have you made any software/hardware changes?

You could try the system restore feature in XP.

Comment

Working...