Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Funkyirishman
    • Feb 2003

Virtualdub error & Audio Synch

I backed up a copy of a film with Gnot and everything was A Ok. The file was to big for 1 disc so I used Virtualdub to Delete certain selections, ie the credits
    When I go to open the file to delete the selections it comes up with the below error

VirtualDub has detected an Improper VBR audio encdoding in the source file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatibility.. This
    may introduceup to 22690 ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable,decompress the "entire" audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress it with a constant
    bitrate encoder (bitrate 124.9 +- 14.7kbps)

I save the file and yes the audio is out of synch.The audio is ahead of the video
    Would this have anything to do with the error above ??
    I tried the formula used in 'Articles - Fixing Audio Synch' but no joy

Is there any easy way of fixing audio synch or patch to fix it

I am at my wits end......
  • The Edge
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jan 2003

VirtualDub does not like VBR mp3 (as you've just found out!) so use NanDub instead and follow the exact same proceedures and all will be well.

Edge
    "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• Funkyirishman
      • Feb 2003

Virtualdub error & Audio Synch

Howy a Edge

When you say Nandub what do you mean ? Is this a seperate software other than virtual dub ?

I have checked the downloads and all there seems to be there is some codecs ??? Is there something i need to download ??

What do I Do ???

A BIG HELP..........

Funkyirishman

Jaysus I am knackered its time for bed............

Comment

• The Edge
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Jan 2003

Download NanDub with Smart Bitrate Control (SBC), a two-pass DivX encoder that allows higher quality DivX to be encoded at lower bitrates

NanDub is a modified version of VirtualDub.
        Best for encoding DivX 3.11

Edge
        "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• Funkyirishman
          • Feb 2003

Virtualdub error & audio Synch

Alright edge

So i download the crap and it gives me a lot of files do I copy them somewhere ?? If so where ??

I dont want to bugger things up

Cheers

funkyirishman......

Jaysus its nearly last oders......

Comment

• The Edge
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Jan 2003

Just unzip the files to a new folder somewhere and run NanDub.exe (make a shortcut to it)

Similar interface to VirtualDub.

Edge

Comment

Working...