X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • n4zhg
    • Mar 2003

Unable to edit/convert Pinnacle capture file

I freely admit I'm a newbie to this.

I have a Pinnacle mono PCI card installed, running 5.1 software. My problem is that I can't get any of the edit or conversion software to recognize Pinnacle's capture files. They are supposedly MPEG-1 AVI (1 hr is about 2.9 Gb) and will run under WMP 9.

I would like to edit out commercials and pack this down to something I could fit on a CD-R. Any suggestions on where to start?
  • T-Cube
    • Oct 2002

Well.. first of all you could load the file in VirtualDub and check which codec is used to compress it (considering the filesize it's uncompressed data). U can also use VD to cut out the commercials by selecting the frames you want cut (with: Edit>set selection start/end). Then u can also use VD to compress with virtually any codec... (Just select Video> compression...)

U C... VD is an allround program for .avi compression/editing( but u can't compress it into mpeg and/or (s)vcd. U need TMPGEnc for that. TMPGEnc is slow, but it delivers high quality output files

Hope to have helped you with your issue....

BTW: U can get all the progs in the software section of Digital Digest(if u haven't allready got it)

----------------------------------------------------------
    My Graditude Is Even Bigger Than My ****!?!
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    At every wedding my grandma's were poking me and saying 'You're next'. They stopped doing that when i started doing the same thing on funerals.

Comment

Working...