Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • screenblaster
    • Mar 2003

buying a plug-in, what does this mean

I'm buying this plug-in from sonic foundry, i just wanna know what The standard version of this plug-in uses fixed templates only means, will this enable me to render my DV into SVCD and burn it to a CD-R? Pls let me know, thanks again!

The standard version of this plug-in uses fixed templates only, and provides high quality MPEG-2 files for SVCD NTSC, SVCD PAL, DVD NTSC, and DVD PAL formats. This version is a good choice for the casual user. Standard MPEG-2 Plug-In $29.95.
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

It sounds right but I do not know what you mean by "Fixed Templates only"

Comment

• screenblaster
      • Mar 2003

yup, i'm worried about that too. anyone else have an idea what this means?

Comment

• t3ch
        H4x0r of Gibsons
        • Mar 2003

"fixed" as in premade/standard templates, is what it sounds like.

As in it only has support for popular formats and youi can't make custom templates.. ? or something

I dunno

*stares blankly*
        OGSTH! my webpage
        ----------------------------
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.

Comment

• screenblaster
          • Mar 2003

guess what

I got a mail from sonicfoundry, here it goes:

Thank you for writing. The Screenblast version of Video Factory does not require the update found on the Sonic Foundry web site. Do not install it. You just need to register the Main Concept MPEG 1 & 2 Standard Plug-In. Just attempt to render to the mpeg format, then when prompted to purchase select purchase over the phone (you will not have to pay). Once you have done this, put in your MainConcept MPEG plugin serial number: E8-xxxxxx-114B5E-xxxxxx

First and foremost, try just typing or copy/pasting the serial number into the activation code field. That may be accepted, which should cause the application to ask you to register the Main Concept 1&2 Standard MPEG plugin 1.0. Do so thru an available option and the plugin will become completely unlocked.

It's activated! I hope rendering will be clear enough to watch it on TV!
          Last edited by screenblaster; 29 Mar 2003, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2003

Well I wish we could've provided more help I hope that works for you

Comment

• screenblaster
              • Mar 2003

well i got another question then

on my nero express it says there that the MPEG-2/SVCD plug-in could not be found, your file cannot be converted automatically and have to be in SVCD compatible MPEG-2 format.

but i already got the Main Concept MPEG-1/2 plug-in from sonicfoundry.

Can someone explain this to me?

And what software under $100 would you suggest for transfering DV into DVD or SVCD, complete with all the plug-ins, and conversion tools?

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

Is there a reason that you've posted your serial number for this commercial software?

Comment

• screenblaster
                  • Mar 2003

i dont think so, i registered already the serial # before posting it so i guess it would be useless. what you had in mind?

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

Typically, a valid serial number can be used to register illegally obtained software...

For safety's sake, you might consider deleting your posting...

Comment

• screenblaster
                      • Mar 2003

how do i do that?

Comment

• SKD_Tech
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Jan 2003

editing the post then just take the serial numebr out of it

There is a little button on the right at the bottom of that paticular post just click it take it out then save down at the bottom

Comment

Working...