X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • squidgy
    bored during 4th period
    • Jan 2002

CD writer difficulties

My CD writer doesn't work. Well, it's worked once or twice, but I can't get it to work all the time, and it doesn't work now. Haven't tried data CD's yet but can't make audio CD's. I'm using a version of Adaptec Easy CD creator.

Posts on another forum led me on to think that it's something to do with the ASPI layer. I tried updating the ASPI layer, whereupon I managed to get one CD out of the thing, but then it stopped working again, and hasn't worked since.

My other problem is that my original Windows 98SE CD hasn't been looked after that well, and has some scratches on it, so I can't read it all the way through. So a complete reinstallation of windows right now is out of the question, though I'll try to get a replacement in the near future.

Anyone able to help? Thanks.
    There's a difference between love and Stockholm Syndrome.
    technobabble and psychobabble
  • Deus
    • Nov 2001

Yea I used to have adaptec Easy Cd Creator and I had the same problem. How old is the burner? Try getting Nero Burning rom it works really good. Other wise get a new burner with buffer underun protection. I have a TDK 24x burner and it works great.

Comment

• squidgy
      bored during 4th period
      • Jan 2002

Forgive me if I'm not up on the techie jargon, but when you say "burner", you mean the cdrom drive that can write CD's, yeah? I bought it about six months ago, but I don't know how long it was on the shelf at the store. It's actually a "SAMSUNG COMBO SM-304B" Firmware revision BS03, if that gives you a better picture of what's going on here. Thanks so far.

Comment

• saxon666
        • Jan 2002

your aspi problem

hiya have u tried puttin a new version af the aspi manager on your pc? theres a few good progies out there if u want 2 try
        one i got was force aspi, try , u may be suprized i was

Comment

• squidgy
          bored during 4th period
          • Jan 2002

Have tried that already. If I remember right, it worked! For one CD, anyway. But then it stopped working. Using ForceAspi again repeatedly didn't work, though.

But maybe it's been updated since then, so will try it again.

Comment

Working...