X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • erikc
    • Sep 2002

Audio Sync

I wonder if anyone can help.
    I am having real problems converting a few AVI files into MPEG2 format for writing to DVD.
    The AVIs play fine without any lip sync.
    First I check the avi for bad frames and found none.
    When i load the file into virtualdubmod I get the message about audio skew. Usually this would mean I would uncompress audio to wav file and save the avi file without audio. I would then add both to tpmgenc and encode them to mpeg2.
    The final MPEG2 file then comes out lip sync. Not right at the start but develops through the film gradually getting worse.
    I then tried loading the original avi file into tpmgenc without uncompressing audio and still get the same lipsync result even when using one of the standard templates.
    I have read as many tutorials as I can find but most of them mention pausing or deleting audio at the start of the mpeg2 file to fix the problem but this wont work for me.
    Can anyone help? Is there anyway to fix the audio skew message from virtualdub prior to loading it into tpmg for encoding.
    Or, am I doing something stupid which could easily be fixed?
    All help much appreciated
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Converting .AVIs with VBR-MP3 Audio

Simply use NanDub to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
    Load your original .AVI into NanDub
    Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy"
    Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode"
    From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" - and choose "<No compression(PCM)>"
    From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV" (Enter a new filename with a ".WAV" extender).Click on "OK"
    Then set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"
    Then save the .AVI as a silent .AVI (set "Audio" to "No audio" after you've saved the WAV file).

Load silent video FIRST into TMPGEnc.
    Then load .WAV audio file.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• erikc
      • Sep 2002

Hi, thanks for replying.
      I downloaded two versions of Nandub. The first one was v1.0rc2. When I carried out the instructions you suggested and tried to save the .wav, the processing screen detailing file size and progress etc, which from using virtualdubmod usually takes a few minutes, flashed up for a second and then was gone as if there was no audio.
      I downloaded an old version of Nandub v.023m to try this and when I tried to save the .wav file it says "no input audio stream to extract".
      I could create the .wav file using virtualdubmod but when I then put it through tpmgenc like you suggested I get lip sync problem.
      The avi file plays fine in media player so I am not sure if I am missing codecs etc. Is there something that I am doing wrong with nandub, are my settings wrong etc (I have not changed any as I would not have a clue).
      Any help is appreciated as I am now at a loss.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...