Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • taralee469
    • Dec 2001

screen captures...need some advice

I'm a complete newbie to all of this. Okay, I have a movie that I got from a newsgroup. I unrared (is that a word?) the files into a .cue file, and then I used something called vcdgear to convert the .cue to an .mpg. The movie works. Looks okay and sounds okay. But...I want to know if there is a better way to do this to get an even better quality movie. What I specifically want to do is be able to get decent quality screenshots from the movie...wishful thinking I imagine, but I thought I would ask. My specific questions are:

1) What program should I be using to convert the .cue file? And what should I convert it to?

2) Is the size of the movie set by the person who created the file? Right now it's fairly small (350 by 250 pixels or so). I know I can set it bigger when viewing the movie, but to get decent screen captures, it would be nice if it was bigger.

3) What should I be using to do screen captures of the movie? I seem to have problems currently with getting just a black screen when I do a capture (I've tried all different kinds of programs, and still get the same thing). Any idea why?

I'm running Win98 and have a GeForce2. Any advice would be appreciated...use small words and be detailed/specific--like I said, I'm pretty new to this
  • taralee469
    • Dec 2001

Darn. Guess no one has any advice

Comment

• abdul
      • Jan 2002

Since you're in desperate need of some wise (ahum) words, i will give you my two cents

When i want a capture of the picture, i just hit "Print Screen" Then i past it into paint ............... select the picture and copy and past it again in a new paint window
      I save it as .jpg

This works for me and i mainly to give people an idea about the quality

If you want a larger picture then you can always expand the WMPlayerwindow a little.

I'm sure once you have the jpg that you can edit the picture in for instance Paint shop pro or simulair program

You see, the reason i didn't reply to your post before is because i don't have all the answers and i'm not quite sure whether or nor i'm babbling right now

Maybe you find some use in it ........otherwise just this reply

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

If you hold down the "Alt" key while pressing the "PrintScreen" key, you'll capture only the active window (the video)...

Comment

• abdul
          • Jan 2002

Learning something new every day..............thanks, this will save me a step

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

To abdul

My pleasure ;>}

If I ever stop learning, I'll worry...

Comment

Working...