X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

AVI capture is setarip's realm...if you are real nice to him he might let you in on some of the old master's tricks...you may have to shine his boots for a week.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"Currently I'm using the asusdvcr that captures with it's own codec in best quality and has no problems with size."

That SAME driver (and ITS various resolutions, up to, if I remember correctly 704x480) should be the one available to you under VirtualDub capture, when you select "Format" from the "Video" dropdown menu (After, of course, entering the "Capture" mode). When you select "Format" the very top of the options list should say "ASUS Video Format"...

Comment

• t610425
        • May 2003

Originally posted by setarip
        "Currently I'm using the asusdvcr that captures with it's own codec in best quality and has no problems with size."

That SAME driver (and ITS various resolutions, up to, if I remember correctly 704x480) should be the one available to you under VirtualDub capture, when you select "Format" from the "Video" dropdown menu (After, of course, entering the "Capture" mode). When you select "Format" the very top of the options list should say "ASUS Video Format"...
        Well setarip,

bare with me, but when I enter video>format and choose anything with a vertical size above 288, I get the following from vd:
        "error 418: unsupported video format"
        The vd is 1.5.1
        The capture h/w is pinnacle pctv with pinnacle's drivers
        AsusDVCR is a capture program I've downloaded from asus.com. This one accepts all resolutions as does the pinncle capture program. It seems that only vd has a problem!

tnx again
        all the best

rsquirell, sorry for taking advantage of your thread like this ...

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To t610425

(Just kidding) "bare with me" - If you don't mind, I'd rather bear with you, as I don't take my clothes off for strangers ;>}

1) I previously stated that, in VirtualDub's capture mode, when you select "Format" the very top of the options list should say "ASUS Video Format".

You haven't indicated whether that is the case for you? If not, then for some reason, VirtualDub is not accessing this driver.(Open the Control Panel and select "Multimedia" or the XP equivalent and click on "Devices" and then select "Video Capture Devices". If the ASUS device has a checkmark next to "Do not map through this device, uncheck it)

2) Just some additional information, which may or may not prove to be useful to you:

A) I continue to use the older v.1.4D of VirtualDub for capture

B) The ASUS driver that it accesses is "ASUS V3400/V3800/V6600/V6800

As long as you're able to use your other means of capture with a lossless video codec at 720x480, don't lose any sleep about not being able to accomplish the same from within VirtualDub...

Comment

• GKM
            GKM
            • Jul 2005

Copy Legal Movie from Internet

I'd like to copy to DVD a movie which I am entitled to watch - from the internet (IE7). Can this be done? How?
            GKM

Comment

Working...