X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rickflyboy
    • May 2003

dvd quality

Two questions:
    1. If I use the correct settings and software, should my mini DV encoded to DVD look as good as the original Mini DV tape?

2. If the answer to 1 is yes, then what software encoder do I have to use. I have tried both the ligos and main concept encoders and have been disappointed in the DVD image quality.
  • alcskid
    Movie Lovers
    • Jan 2003

Well the answer was depend on your Mini DV player capability. If your mini DV had Digital Video transfer protocol using firewire then the answer was YES. If not the the answer was NO !

If you already connected your mini DV to your PC via Firewire, then you can use DV transfer program like Pinnacle DV studio, or any program like that. This program will transferring your video digitally and won't reduce your video quality and resolution. After you had been transferred digitally, then you can edit and burn it into DVD Quality standard movie.
    ...My Foot Print...

Comment

• Batman
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2002

For DV material (search doom9 forum) I believe the Canopus Procoder mpeg-2 encoder offers the best quality.

Comment

• rickflyboy
        • May 2003

dvd quality

Thanks for your reply. I am beginning to hear that you need good software to prevent quality loss. Most people wouldn't notice the loss I'm getting with the inexpensive authoring programs such as Dazzle or DVDit. I do, I seeing how good professional DVD's can look using higher compression settings than I am using convince me that I shouldn't be able to see any loss of video quality from a source such as Mini-DV.

Comment

Working...