Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arnolds
    • May 2003

Ripping encrypted DVD ???

I am trying to rip a 4 minute section from an encrypted DVD (Ghost Ship). The program I am using is Chopper XP. However, it only shows the display when the vob is unencrypted and so I have to rip the whole DVD using smartripper and then use Chopper XP to cut the portion out.

Now, is there any way to figure out in which vob a portion is present (say 30 minutes to 34 minutes)? If I can know this, I can use Chopper XP to directly extract and decrypt the portion without rippping the entire movie.

If you would like to try Chopper XP, it is available here http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/do...s/chopper.html
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"is there any way to figure out in which vob a portion is present (say 30 minutes to 34 minutes)"

Play each VOB separately, using a software DVD player (e.g. WinDVD, PowerDVD) - fast forward to save time...

Comment

• arnolds
      • May 2003

Originally posted by setarip
      "is there any way to figure out in which vob a portion is present (say 30 minutes to 34 minutes)"

Play each VOB separately, using a software DVD player (e.g. WinDVD, PowerDVD) - fast forward to save time...
      I already tried that. But PowerDVD is also unable to play individual vobs on the DVD. It gives a message saying that the whole DVD must be played.

Comment

• alcskid
        Movie Lovers
        • Jan 2003

Just try using DVDx ! You can just slide the movie till the correct time you want to grab and mark it up , then slide the movie again till the correct time you want to stop. Then just rip using the same program with or without Smartripper help.
        ...My Foot Print...

Comment

• arnolds
          • May 2003

Originally posted by alcskid
          Just try using DVDx ! You can just slide the movie till the correct time you want to grab and mark it up , then slide the movie again till the correct time you want to stop. Then just rip using the same program with or without Smartripper help.
          Thanks for the information. I'll try it right now.

Comment

• Qyd
            Digital Video Technician
            Digital Video Technician
            • Oct 2002

When you rip with smartripper, you can set it to create a vob file for each vob file (on the dvd), for each chapter, for each cell even.
            You can load the vob in flaskMpeg and slide through it to see the content.

Comment

• P@r1k
              • May 2003

You could also use DVDShrink, 'cropping' before and after the scene you want to rip.

Comment

Working...