Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pete
    • Jan 2002

Problems with sound and video matching up on Divx player

I recently downloaded DivX and installed some codecs because I couldn't get a picture with the sound. However, after I did that I see now that the sound and the visual does not match up. Its off and it seems like it skips every couple seconds.

Any suggestions on to how to fix this?

Thanks
  • abdul
    • Jan 2002

It can be a couple of things, but we need to know more

Which codec's did you install
    What player do you use
    What are your computer spec's
    what are the properties of the avi (sound and video)
    Is your avi corrupted
    and so on

I think i know one or two answers that can help you futher but before posting a lot of stuff that will only make you dazzle, i'd like to know more.

Please give as many details as you can think of and then i'm sure some one will know the answer to your problem

Comment

• Pete
      • Jan 2002

re

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Well...I have the Global DivX player. I downloaded the DivX codec. I then also downloaded the Nimo pack, however i didnt install it yet.

The good thing is that I fixed my pic to match the sound now, but now it skips every 2 seconds or so. Why is that?

Thanks

Comment

• abdul
        • Jan 2002

My guess is that you've downloaded and installed the divx 4.12 codec

What you should do is
        Uninstall it !

Then install the nimo pack (i haven't used this one but the Kristal codec Pack has the same codecs -i think)

Then when you encounter problems with some moviez (the ones that are decoded with divx 4.02 and up
        You reinstall the 4.12 codec and when it asks if you want it to play the alpha 3.11 moviez also answer >.............NO

One more ( i promise) get your hands on the SMR patch, if you run into a movie that is coded by this release group, then you can install it and also watch those movies

There should be nothing wrong with playing your moviez with the global player, but if your system has a processor of let's say 500Mz or lower you might want to look for another one. (player i mean)
        Also try playing your moviez with no other programs running in the background and of course play it from HD
        All those things should give you a smooth running movie; if not ........................ come back
        We love to help out

Let us know how it works out for you

Comment

• Pete
          • Jan 2002

Hi Again,

I tried all what you recommended and my movie is still a bit choppy every few seconds. Any other recommendations?

I didn't redownload the Nimo pack, should I? would that help?

Thanks again for all your help,

~peter

Comment

• abdul
            • Jan 2002

Like i said i don't use the Nimo pack but the Kristal codec Pack
            I don't think though that this is the problem.

I have a few more suggestions:

- Defrag your harddisk (always good to do even if this doesn't help)
            - Check your movie for freezing frames (with VirtDub-mp3-feeze -a modified VDub)
            - Download the BS-Player (afaik this is the least processor-consuming player around)
            - Don't know if the following is possible in Global player but:
            rightclick while the movie is playing in the clip ---> properties ---> advanced .........highlight the video codec and select properties.
            This will give you something like this:

Look at your cpu setting and start with 0

Actually one suggestion i should have started with:
            Play another movie and see if it has the same choppy playback;
            but hé, these advises and suggestion aren't a total waste, maybe they can help others

Comment

Working...