X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brap
    • Jun 2003

DVD playback problem

Hi,
    Problem: DVD playback stops after some 15-20 sec. First the sound starts to 'clip/stutter' slowing the video-stream. Then sound stops and a few sec. later the video stops. Forwarding to the next scene restarts the video without sound, but again it stops a few sec. later. The playback has worked fine since i got my system ½ a year ago, but yesterday the problems started...

I use PowerDVD (uninstalling and reinstalling is no cure); but the problems seems even worse using Intervideo's WinDVD - which I installed to see if it was a problem relating to PowerDVD.

I have reinstalled my Video and sound cards.

Any help would be much appriciated...

Brap on...
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try running a DVD/CD cleaning disk on your DVD player (or burner). Maxell makes one that sells for approximately $10US...

Comment

• Brap
      • Jun 2003

I've already done that... twice! And the dvd player plays everything else than DVDs just perfect - that is audio-cd, avi-movies on disc etc.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"And the dvd player plays everything else than DVDs just perfect - that is audio-cd, avi-movies on disc"

Your player probably has dual lasers - one specifically for DVDs - and it may have gone out of alignment. If so, it will prove less costly to purchase a new one than to repair your present one...

Comment

• Brap
          • Jun 2003

[For those who have similar problems, here is the solution to my problem]

Yes indeed a hardware problem... installed another dvd player and playback is back to normal. 'Knocked' carefully on each side of the 'bad' player, installed it, and it also runs fine now. Seems it's worth controlling ones hardware before going into the more 'tech'-orientated problem solving!!!

Thanks a lot for the help/tip!

Brap on....

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Thanks a lot for the help/tip!"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...