Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • celtlady
    • Jun 2003

How to burn 2 movies onto 1 DVD-R?

I've used my Sony Vaio's RecordNow to successfully burn a self-copyrighted movie onto a DVD-R. The file name I transferred to the disc was VIDEO_TS. Not sure why that's important, frankly.

My problem is I want to burn another DVD-R with 2 self-copyrighted movies, both with the filename VIDEO_TS. (both files have all the appropriate .bup, .ifo, and .vob files inside, and each burns and plays great on Mac/Win/home player separately).

Obviously I can't have two of the same filename. What should I be doing? Also, can I name the files differently and be able to see both movies? I tried naming one VIDEO_TS1(with a VIDEO_TS inside containing all the appropriate files), but I can only view the file named VIDEO_TS.

Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) "VIDEO_TS" is the folder (or directory) name, not a file name. The folder, as you correctly note, contains all of the required DVD files

2) As long as the two DVD folders ("VIDEO_TS" and "VIDEO_TS2") don't exceed a combined filesize of 4.37 Gigabytes, you can (easily) use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (not to be confused with "TMPGEnc") to create one DVD with two separate tracks - plus a menu, if you so desire...

Comment

Working...