Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dribbel
    • Jun 2003

Still out of sync

Although you probably dont greet on the forum: Hi!

My media pc was running fine but a few days ago things started to go wrong. I installed a separate xvid codec because nimo couldnt do the job..could this have anything to do with it?

My audio/video sync is fckd up. It's running late on certain movies, on other it seems to be running ok for a while but being off after a few minutes again. Audio is ahead btw. It seems to get worse the longer you play the movie. When i rewind a bit it is okay again for 20 sec... then audio is getting ahead again.

I have a 533 celeron, 128 mb, 64 nvideau mx440 which should do the job playing divx I guess right? Using bs player, nothing else running, nothing else installed, 16 bit colors 800x600...

Anyone an idea what to do? I've read a "From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select framerate - and select "Change so video and audio durations match" " trick but what menu from what program? Is there a program that allows you to resync manually if you know it is running 500 ms late for instance?

Thanx a lot guys/ girls
    Last edited by Dribbel; 24 Jun 2003, 09:30 PM.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Try FFDShow as playback filter (configure it to handle DivX and XviD contents). There might be improvements.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"I've read a "From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select framerate - and select "Change so video and audio durations match" " trick but what menu from what program?"

VirtualDub, NanDub, or VirtualDubMod...

Comment

• Dribbel
        • Jun 2003

Guys, thank you for your help.
        I uninstalled every coded and divxprogram I had and reinstalled just an ac3 and ffdshow..

One thing is fixed: the movies that couldnt play after the problem with Final De occured now play good again.

The Final De movie is still out of sync.. could it be the fact that is is AC3??

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

Use the following guideline for muxing your AC3 file to the video:

448kbps (6 ch) -> Preload: 128ms, Interleave: 128ms
          384kbps (6 ch) -> Preload: 160ms, Interleave: 160ms
          256kbps (2 ch) -> Preload: 48ms , Interleave: 48ms
          224kbps (2 ch) -> Preload: 64ms , Interleave: 64ms
          192kbps (2 ch) -> Preload: 80ms , Interleave: 80ms

As an experiment, convert the audio track to MP3 and use that as the audio instead of AC3. If the off-synch problem is gone, then I suggest using MP3 (or OGG perhaps) as the audio format for your future rips.

Comment

• wchang
            • Jan 2003

You also mentioned your desktop was set to 16-bit, maybe others can elaborate or correct me on this but in my experience setting to full 24-bit seems to run better for divx playback -- actually faster performance-wise (besides looking better of course)... perhaps because it's taking the extra step of dithering down if you're in 16-bit?

Anyway, try setting to 24-bit and see if that helps your playback performance...

edited to add.... I'm currently on a p2-266mhz (yes, I know), so I find the difference that much more noticeable -- admittedly, even if 16-bit/24-bit does make a difference maybe it wouldn't be noticeable for everyone else on faster pc's... ymmv I guess...
            Last edited by wchang; 31 Jul 2003, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• Gondo
              • May 2002

The problem is proobably with your system. YOu have the video card required ot play the movie....but your CPU is not powerful enough to keep up with the audio/video. Try the DivX on a 1.2GHZ+ with a good video card and see if it's not out of sync.

When using .ac3 you need a high end CPU to not be out of sync.

Comment

Working...