Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tarheeler
    • Jan 2002

using TMPBEnc

I have an mpeg that I want to split. I go in and load mpeg, I then go to file/mpeg tool/merge and cut, I make sure mpeg-video cd is in box. I add file. I go into edit and I put in the minutes in the second box at top, leaving the left box with 000000. I get the picture at the minutes and seconds I want. The pointer is about mid way with blue showing on left. The sec I click ok, I get:
    "at address........An error occured against address.........
    Thats as far as I get. If it was working properly, what is my problem and how do I get to save this as (1) or whatever. There is nothing or even if I save it in output, it never shows up as having been saved. I guess I am hung up at this error msg. If it is something simple, how do I resolve it. Could someone help and walk me from here to the end of the process. I see that there are buttons called correct/delete/clear. Not sure what they are for. I have been messing with this movie for about week trying to burn it, split. Its next to being deleted.

Thanks,
    Tarheeler
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I put in the minutes in the second box at top"

Don't do that. Use the slider at the bottom, instead, to select the end point and then click on the RIGHT bracket ("}") that appears to the right of the slider.

Let us know of your success ;>}

P.S. When you're ready for the second half, just highlight the time showing in the "second" box, right click, select "Copy" and then paste it into the first box. Then drag the slider to the far rightand click on the RIGHT bracket. The word (Last) should now appear in the "second" box. By doing this, you eliminate the possibility of either omitting a piece or overlapping.

Comment

• tarheeler
      • Jan 2002

thanks for the help

where I am at now, when I do what you said up to the point of the right bracket, my output box is clear, I click on ok and I get that read error. I click on ok to get rid of message, then I browse to the output folder and give it a name, lets say "i hope this works", it gives it an mpg extension. Now how do I save it, now now all I have is the original box with the buttons, add, delete, clear, edit,correct, run and close. If I click on close, it doesn't show up anyway, at this point how is it "saved". I have no way that I see to save it. I am in the box "merge and cut" right?
      Sorry for being a pain in the arse. I am trying to figure this out

Helpless

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Now how do I save it, now now all I have is the original box with the buttons, add, delete, clear, edit,correct, run and close".

After you've moved the slider to your desired end point and clicked on the right bracket, the time should then appear in the "second" box. Click on "okay" and it will bring you back to the first screen. After you've entered a new file name (in "Output") for your first half file, simply press "Run".

Comment

• tarheeler
          • Jan 2002

got it thank you so much. I quick ?

Thanks, I played it on tv but I noticed alot of splotchie colors in center of screen. It was also in full screen mode. Do I need to reencode it or how can I change it to widescreen. Maybe better clarity that way on tv, image not so large. Is their a way to clean it up. Some of the images were absolutely stunning as far as clarity, etc. The file is Final Fantasy.

Thanks for any help.
          Best regards,
          Tarheeler

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

As far as the quality of video, I can only assume that the original MPEG file, that you started with, had the problems you described (meaning I don't think they were created by your use of TMPGEnc).

Comment

• moviemadness
              • Jan 2002

if you ever wana watch anything on tv then the resolution has to be set at 320 by 240 any other is too much color ect

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

To miviemadness

"if you ever wana watch anything on tv then the resolution has to be set at 320 by 240 any other is too much color ect"

That is incorrect. Perhaps you've got a poor quality television.

For conforming VCDs, 320x240, 352x240, and 352x288 all generate good quality output...

Comment

• dmlove
                  • Jan 2002

Dear setarip, quality question again. You said the bad quality was probably the result of initial bad quality. Would that show up on the PC, i.e. I get much better quality picture from the same VCD played on the computer (Windows Media Player) than on the TV (Panasonic DVD player, big-screen (but fairly old) Mitsubishi TV).
                  dm love

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

"I get much better quality picture from the same VCD played on the computer (Windows Media Player) than on the TV (Panasonic DVD player, big-screen (but fairly old) Mitsubishi TV)."

You've answered your own question. A PC monitor is certain to provide a crisper image than a big-screen (actually any screen) TV - especially an older one.

Maybe it's time to invest in a new TV? ;>}

Comment

• dmlove
                      • Jan 2002

You may be right, but a digital camera is first on my list!
                      dm love

Comment

• setarip
                        Retired
                        • Dec 2001

Knock yourself out (Enjoy!) ;>}

Comment

Working...