Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rodrighez
    • Aug 2003

NTSC, Subtitles and New York

Hello to all, and thanks to the creators of these pages and to moderators.
    I'm writing from New York, but I'm italian. I use a lot english Subtitles, becouse for my poor american english! And more, I've to work not with Pal, but NTSC!
    Boys, I have enormous problems setting correctly DivX parametres. Can someone give me good settings.
    Using the easier program that is Super DVD ripper sometime, after hours, I have incredibles AVI aborts (looong, shooooort) and those things after hours waiting.
    I try to set everytime all thing to have the DVD movie in 2 CD, to have more quality.
    I use the Traps calculator. EasyDivx 0.82 can NEVER end the work, for many reasons, MAYBE becouse I use WINDOWS 2000, P4 2.4 Ghz, 512 DDR? .
    Until I've not discovered a Sure way and simple in order to add SUbtitles in option with players like MicroDVD player, I'm ok with subtitles recorded on Avi file, no problem.
    Programs ask to me for23,98 or 29.X NTSC... and if the Traps calcolator say to me that the video is 720X576 , programs say me to use 720X480...Must I change?
    I hope you will pardon to me, but really not there are many documents that speak about the settings Divx for NTSC, Subtitles (why little used in Italy) and settingd and dimensions for NTSC. Thanks for the aid, you do not abandon to me!!!
    Last edited by Rodrighez; 26 Aug 2003, 11:40 PM.
  • littlemouse
    Setaeriper
    • Aug 2003

I think your topic is a little hard to answer, but if you consider to copy movie by DVD Copy Plus from 321 Studio, I may help you. Actually, they are selling this software for $49.99, but I can show you how to get it free because they're just combining 2 free programs then make a guide. A guide that may cost you $49.99. I don't like it. So if you consider to use other programs than the current program that you use, then reply to me !!!
    Those who can, do. Those who wonder why, help.
    Where can you find the best DVD backup software? Please click here

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To littlemouse

"Rodrighez" is referring to converting DVDs to DivX-compressed (MPEG4) .AVIs, not copying DVD to DVD...

Comment

• littlemouse
        Setaeriper
        • Aug 2003

Setarip,
        Did you ever use DVD Copy Plus (not DVDXCopy)? This "program" is referring to converting DVDs to DivX-compressed (MPEG4) .AVIs. Then use Nero to make VCD.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To littlemouse

I'm getting older faster than I thought - and you are indeed a mindreader! I responded to your post thinking you referred to DVDXCopy.

My apologies ;>}

(But, on the other hand, why would you refer to this program "out of the blue", in response to "Rodrighez"?)

Comment

• littlemouse
            Setaeriper
            • Aug 2003

Hi setarip,
            It's easy, because soneone try to use the free program to make profits, I don't like that kind of act. Just a guide but selling for $50, that's why I always prefer this program to others to let people know that they can use free software instead of buying it !!!

Comment

• Rodrighez
              • Aug 2003

THanks my friends for your help, thanks MMouse! I would like to try the program you talk about, thanks!! Still I'm using Super DVD Ripper, is an ALL in One, is good becouse I have SUBtitles easly on AVI, but bad becouse subtitles are always there.!! I wait for you MMouse, and thanks again to Setarip !

Comment

• littlemouse
                Setaeriper
                • Aug 2003

Actually, You can not find any program that can turn on and off button on VCD. If you use Super DVD Ripper and feel comfortable with it, then use it. You can consider other method of copying DVD movies and burn to DVD disc for more quality with DVD Shrink and Nero....
                Hope you will find the best way to back up DVD...

Comment

Working...