Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bilko5
    • Sep 2003

avi-dvd Help!!!

Ok can someone please help before i go a crazy!!

Right this is how it goes, Iv got a dv vid camera with Abobe prem 6.5, Iv made a couple of short films (5mins each) and iv transfered them to avi, I want to transfer them to dvd so my mates can play them on there cheap dvd players (i say cheap cos there not able to play vcd etc..) I have done a little bit of homework on this and have found out that i need to transfer them over to mpeg2 b4 i can cut them to dvd (i think??) so i have dloaded a program called TMPGenc which has done just this, I now belive i need to "author" them ?? I have got loads of other litttle tools like ifoedit, dvd shrink dvd dycrypter etc etc... Cant i just cut them to dvd disc as a vob file? How does it all work God its driving me mad cos there is so many diferant file types and dycripters to use AGGHHH !!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Bilko.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

See my response to your other (duplicate) post...

Comment

• bilko5
      • Sep 2003

Hi Setarip, Sorry dont know why i sent that same post, Ok im nearly there mate iv done what u said and its working !! Thank you !! Ok However im still having difficultys in getting this to work on my freinds Philips dvd 756 player, im using dvd author and cutting them to a Packard bell dvd-rw disc using a Pionnier 106d, Is it cos his player is a+ player or cos im using a dvd-rw not dvd-r disc? or maybe cos im recording this dvd with a region on it? we are region2 here so would it be cutting region1 on it?? When we put it on his player it just says"reading..." for a bout 30 seconds and then just spits the disc out ?
      Mate im sorry to be such a pain in the arse.
      Bilko.

Comment

• Qyd
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Oct 2002

if it's just the region, change it: just do a google search on "Philips dvd 756 change region", and you'll find several methods (best to set to region 0)

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"iv done what u said and its working !!"

I'm glad to hear that ;>}

Comment

Working...