X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vidall
    • Sep 2003

unlocking region code

Help needed please

Can anyone supply an idiots guide to help me with unlocking my pcs dvd players region code.
    I borrowed a few dvds from a friend and never thought of checking which region they were. To find that the dvd is now locked on region 1. I would be grateful if some one alot smarter than me can help in changing the setting to reg 2.

My system runs on XP
    The computer is a Toshiba S2410-504
    The dvd program is Intervideo

The progam will now only let me play all region 1 dvd but I need it to play region2

Thanks in advance
  • megamachine
    Video Fiddler
    • Mar 2003

You can rip and re-encode a DVD movie to whatever region you want, but that is sort of complicated to just watch a movie. But if you want to do that, there was a post a few lines down describing it. I'm no expert on this, but I think once your region is locked it's somehow encoded in the firmware, which is not advisable to mess with. So, that leaves some sort of software that fools your PC into reading a DVD a different way. Freebies like DVD Region Killer apparently used to work, but I had no luck with them at all, so I finally caved and bought DVD Idle Pro, which works great and it also includes a wear saving cache function.

Comment

Working...