Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Richditt
    • Sep 2003

A/V out of sync - VHS to hard drive to DVD

I am a newbie to DVD recording and burning. I want to back-up all my VHS tapes to DVD and sell my space-hogging tapes. I am using a Dazzle 150 video capture device and Dazzle software. The video is jerky as I record it onto my hard drive and because of the jerkyness, the audio keep going while the video hesitates. By the end of a 2 hr. movie, the A/V is off as much as 10 to 15 seconds to each other.
    Are there any settings on my computer that will stop the video from hesitating?

HELP!

Rich
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

I have a DVC-150. Since Pinnacle acquired Dazzle and shut down its forum you have to go to the Pinnacle site. There are several reasons for jerky video...but if it captures jerky you have either a problem with the VCR settings or a very old tape which has demagnetized (this is common with VHS tapes recorded at something other than SP that have sat around for 5+ years...or were stored next to the TV where there's a lot of electrical activity to speed demagnetization.) Does the Jerky tape play well on the TV? or is it jerky there, too?

Comment

• Richditt
      • Sep 2003

Hi rsquirell,
      Thanks for replying. The tapes plays fine from my VCR to my TV. It's not a mechanical problem with hardware or the tapes themselves. The jerky motion appears sometimes during and/or after it is recorded to my hard drive.
      I am running a 2.4 ghz machine with 512 megs of ram, 256 megs on my video card and a 120 gig hard drive.
      Any ideas? (by the way, what is the web address for Pinnacle?)

Thanks for your help

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

I would guess its www.pinnacle.com....but I haven't been there...do a google. If the capture is ok then you're probably trying to render using the bundled MovieStar software. It sucks...and the jerkiness is a well known bug in the software. Download a 30 day trial version of ULead VS7. You MUST capture with either MS5 OR the DVXCEL Test Utility...but then we users import the capture to VS7 to render. MS5 sucks. Do you have a USB2 port? Have you found the Test Utility? Also...find the Pinnacle site...if that's a brand new 150 you have to download the upgraded version of MS5 AND an upgraded set of drivers....they must be on the Pinnacle site.

Comment

Working...