Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qpito7
    • Sep 2003

TMPGEnc Plus 2.5

hey, buddies... good day to all of you... i had a question about this wonderful software.... when i begin to encode my downloaded movies to SVCD with this kind of settings
    MPEG-2 352x240 29.97fps VBR 1150kbps, Layer-2 44100Hz 192kbps it started to analyzed first the entire movie before the TMPGEnc start to encode it as Mpeg2.. that makes it more longer time to encode and finish it..... Is there any options or setting that will disabled it so instead of analyzing it first it will directly encoded it without affecting the quality of the entire movie? thanks....

FWD# 96029
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

VariableBitRate (VBR) takes twice as long because of the analysis step...ConstantQuality (CQ) changes the bit rate when needed, too...and is twice as fast since it does everythng in one step. Did you load the SVCD Template? 352X240 and 1150kbps looks more like VCD MPEG1 settings...I thought SVCD was 480X480 (I haven't made anything but DVD's for a while)

Comment

• qpito7
      • Sep 2003

Did you load the SVCD Template? 352X240 and 1150kbps looks more like VCD MPEG1 settings...

No, i did not load it... i used those settings for a purpose because of my friends players..... later on after i finish encoding it from SVCD i will used mpeg tools (simple multiplex) to VCD mpeg1 so my coleagues can play it to their old version of dvd players.... hope my settings will not affect the quality of the entire movie.. since this is my first try to encode it to SVCD with this format hope everything will work well.... so it means if i used Variable Bit Rate (VBR) it is natural to TMPGEnc to analyze it first the entire movie?

FWD# 96029

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To rsquirell

You might want to read this poster's previous (related) thread:

Comment

• rsquirell
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Feb 2003

Whoa...I didn't realize you were talking about a Setarip Special. Looks like he's shown you how to make a high quality SVCD with VCD settings to fool your friend's player into playing it. Follow his instructions to a tee...Setarip rules.

Comment

• qpito7
            • Sep 2003

Whoa...I didn't realize you were talking about a Setarip Special. Looks like he's shown you how to make a high quality SVCD with VCD settings to fool your friend's player into playing it. Follow his instructions to a tee...Setarip rules.

Yeah, same like you thats my reaction too... but believe me it really works..it really plays....but sometimes the movie goes slow motion...but Setarip gave me another solution and im working on it...hope this time it will work smooth as it should be. Good day to you buddy...

FWD# 96029

Comment

Working...