X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Georg
    • Oct 2003

Some problems, please help!

Hello,

I am new to this forum, Im so lucky that I found this place. I got new camera some days ago, by Samsung. Its a Mini-DV camcorder and seems pretty good. I have some problems with capturing, it works fine if I capture with Movie Maker 2 and automatic capture, but example with movie maker manual capturing function, it is not showing the video on monitor screen, only black box though its running in my camera LCD, then when I click to finish capturing, it says that error occured during capturing. I have no ideas what causes this problem, maybe you have some ideas? Then I tried other ways, with my camera came a program named Ulead VideoStudio 5.0. I tried to capture with it, but it is not very reliable, after some time the video goes stopping sometimes and will not run smoothly anymore. And the capturing system in it is complicated. So, next one that I tried was Adobe Premiere 6.0, should be one of the best ones these days. Now, only two capturing ways are working there. With other ones, it is again showing a grey box in capturing window when video is playing and cant capture any frame, same like with Movie Maker 2. I have to capture many videos today for friends and own use, but I am out of ideas! I thought that it might be some issue with camera drivers in my PC (using winxp), because windows detected camera automatically and I didnt install any drivers. But I have not found original drivers for Samsung cameras.

I would be very very happy if you can give me some advice fastly!

Thank you so much!
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

Of the three above mentioned programs the only one that will capture in MPEG2 format (and not AVI) is ULead Video Studio...but release 5 is ancient....they're up to 7 nowadays. Visit their site and see if they offer an upgrade....if not try a trial version of VS7.

Comment

• Georg
      • Oct 2003

Ok will try, thanks. But do you know why Movie Maker 2 is not working in manual mode?

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

No idea...it's been months since I've used it. There is a MM2 forum chock full of current users.

Comment

Working...