Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shortstuff
    • Jan 2002

is it just me??

back again I seem to be having problems with audio, am I cursed??
    When I record a vcd the copy seemed 'chunky' but that could be because I recorded it as Pal when it was ntsc (Opps!!) however, the sound always goes out of sync.
    So far I've tried cutting the file with Virtualdub & recording, converting (mpg) & cutting with TMPGEnc & recording,
    recording with Nero 5.5 from the avi file, all with the same result.
    The frustrating thing is that in its original form (Divx/avi) the sounds ok, it's just too big (654254K) to record in one go.
    Is there a set order to do things? ie do you cut files first then convert to mpg, & record, or cut files then use Nero etc???
    Feedback greatly appreciated.
    many thanx

shortstuff
  • moviemadness
    • Jan 2002

it may be the way you are working it, first use virtual dub to split the file make sure that you select direct streaming in both video and audio.

then encode to mpeg using tmpgenc make sure you select vcd ncsc is it or vcd pal from load then everything should be okay.

if this fails, delete and get another avi version.

o yes one more you could strip and rebuild the index in the divx with divfix. probabley available hear.

Comment

• shortstuff
      • Jan 2002

audio?

Originally posted by moviemadness
      it may be the way you are working it, first use virtual dub to split the file make sure that you select direct streaming in both video and audio.

then encode to mpeg using tmpgenc make sure you select vcd ncsc is it or vcd pal from load then everything should be okay.

if this fails, delete and get another avi version.

o yes one more you could strip and rebuild the index in the divx with divfix. probabley available hear.
      I think I've solved the audio problem (out of sync).
      Reading through some earlier posts I notice someone had used Vitualdub 1.4.8 to rectify the same problem. so I gave it a try & it worked ok. Now I have to try it on the avi that gives me no sound on the second cd

Comment

• moviemadness
        • Jan 2002

sorted glad to be of service.

Comment

Working...