Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdadams99
    • Dec 2003

ulead video studio 7 se dvd

I installed Ulead video studio 7 se on my computer. When I try to run the program it will not get past the screen with the girl holding the camcorder. It just freezes.
    I have a Pentiuim 4 1.4 ghz with 512 mg of Ram.

Mike A.
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

There's always a lot of video newby issues to get over. ULead has excellent support and user forums....suggest you check out their site. There's always the Windows upgrade, VideoCard driver upgrade, the DirectX upgrade, dfragging, insuring all drives NTSF, etc etc etc. Go check the tech support faq on the ULead site.

Comment

• mdadams99
      • Dec 2003

contacted Ulead about video studio se

I contacted ulead about not being able to open up their software program(Video Studio se 7) since I installed it while using DVD express. Ulead tech support took me to device manager and had me look for imaging devices in device manager. It did not appear and the guy said that "the problem lies in the fact that their are drivers missing to run video studio se 7 because your device manager should contain "imaging devices if Video Studio was properly installed)and I should contact ADS Technologies and get a driver update. I went to ADS website and contacted them by e-mail to no avail. Anyone have this problem.

I did notice on their site they have a patch about Ulead involving exporting blah blah .....I did not know if that indeed pertained to my problem. Also the box says I own version 3.0. The patch says I need to update to DVD Express 3.005 if I install the Ulead patch. Is that the same version?

Mike

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

I don't know how many times I had to uninstall/reinstall MovieStar5 ( my first storyboard editor video software)...but it got to be a normal routine. By the time I got around to VS7 my system was finely tuned for video work...and the installation was a peice of cake (knock on wood). I think I would first uninstall/reinstall VS7, and if it still didn't work I'd search out the VS7-specific forum on the ULead site and post my question there...where I'd be likely to find new users having (or just getting over solving) the same problem (with current solutions on the tip of their tongues.)

Comment

• mdadams99
          • Dec 2003

ulead video studio

After uninstalling ULead Video Studio se 7 for the 2nd time I called Ulead. They had me go into "My Documents and then into a folder called "Ulead" I deleted a folder called "7.0. I reinstalled Video Studio and it works like a charm.

Mike A.

Comment

• rsquirell
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Feb 2003

Glad to hear you're up and running. Getting your system tuned for video work is an experience. Don't give up. If you have specific problems using the software feel free to post. We're users, here, and the only reason we might know an answer is we've had to solve the same problems you're about to discover.

Comment

• DigitalW
              • Dec 2003

Re: ulead video studio 7 TBYB

Originally posted by mdadams99
              After uninstalling ULead Video Studio se 7 for the 2nd time I called Ulead. They had me go into "My Documents and then into a folder called "Ulead" I deleted a folder called "7.0. I reinstalled Video Studio and it works like a charm.
              I installed Ulead video studio 7 TBYB on my PC. When I try to run the program it will not get past the screen with the girl holding the camcorder. It just freezes. I have a Pentiuim 4 2.0 GHz. Updated to DirectX.9.0b. I deleted a folder "My Documents"\Ulead\7.0\" and reinstalled the Try Before You Buy Version. No digital video camera or webcam was attached via USB to the PC. I cannot start the program or even look into menu's of the program. I contacted Ulead support and Softwrap (because of the time limitation). I did not get any response. I want to solve this problem, because some people find this a very good program to work with. There is tracking by Ulead within the PC, after reinstalling the number of days for TRIAL remaining is calculated. Where is this information recorded? If I can install from scratch, the problem might be solved and I can do the evaluation. Thanks for your response and suggestions.

Comment

• DigitalW
                • Dec 2003

I uninstalled Ulead Video Studio 7 TBYB from my PC, I attached a USB camera to my PC which is recognized, DirectX9.0b support available. So PC looks OK.

I reinstalled Ulead Video Studio 7 TBYB on my PC, the calculation of available number of days comes into the window, I press TRY and then the lady with here camera comes into the window. Then the Video Studio 7 window appears. If I click on File, no dialog screen or so appears, also Capture, Edit, Effect, Overlay, Title, Audio, Share change color and so do - and x. The image V01.mpg (the clock) can be loaded. I can not do anything.

Ulead does not respond on my question for support.

If there are some tips or ways to bypass the problem I could check this software for use.

I could be that there is some file in which the count of earlier installation of Video Studio 7 is available. However this is still within the trial period and should not cause problems. If I could start from scratch this file should be removed. I checked the registry and some control files, but could not find the clue.

Thanks for your support. DigitalW

Comment

• rsquirell
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Feb 2003

Well, I went and looked. When it starts up it's on the "start" tab and a big box pops up with templates...if this doesn't happen click "new project" and it should. Select "capture templates" and a box pops up with those. Select the MPEG2 template and note where the capture is going so you can find/delete later and OK out. Then it'll take you to the "capture" tab where you can make adjustments (click on the various icons). I'm not familiar with the trial version...if this doesn't help you...ULead has a very active VS7 user group which you can access from their website and people more familiar with your version are to be found there.

Comment

• DigitalW
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by rsquirell
                    Well, I went and looked. When it starts up it's on the "start" tab and a big box pops up with templates...if this doesn't happen click "new project" and it should. ......
                    Thanks for your response. When the window you refer to comes on the screen, nothing works, no button, no project. The only thing that is active is the loading of the sample image of the clock. The File menu under File button and all other menu's are not working. The program does not work.
                    =-=
                    I have put the posting on the forum of Ulead.
                    Thanks

Comment

• rsquirell
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Feb 2003

Yuck! When you first get into video it takes a lot of uninstalls/reinstalls, system tuning and tweaking. Since you've eliminated the same folder as the poster it's obviously a different problem. You notice he called and got a tech support rep on the horn, eventually...I'm amazed...you can't do that with most software vendors. I was able to get Dazzles support when I was first starting out by picking up a cell phone and waiting til after 9 o'clock when the anytime minutes kicked in and holding for 3 hours. Hey...it's anytime minutes on the weekend, too.

Comment

• DigitalW
                        • Dec 2003

I saw that DirectX9 was required, so I installed this after UVS7 Trial ENG, but it does not solve the problem. Then I installed the TBYB UVS7, this shows the same problem, with DirectX9.0b installed. Checked for Geforce4 MX460 NVIDIA which seem to be correct. (latest versions).

If I can not get it operational I will have to remove it.

The problem with the TRIAL versions is that the Ulead and Softswap tracking keeps in the system. If I have to remove the TRIAL software then sorry I can not use it, but I do not like all those tracking stuff incorperated within the PC. So I wonder this tracking can be removed after TRIAL UVS7 has been done.

I want to switch off the time for the TRIAL period in that case, not for keep using not working Ulead softare, but to keep the PC clean. Any suggestion to solve this is appreciated.

Comment

• padhyea
                          • Jan 2004

Ulead Video studio installation problem

I am facing the same problem that Mike has mentioned. I have installed the Video Studeo 7, but if I try to start, it does not get past the first welcome image....CPU utilization by the video studeo exe is 99 %. I have a 2.4 GHz celeron with 256 RAM.

Anybody knows how to overcome this problem ?

Thanks,
                          Anand

Comment

• padhyea
                            • Jan 2004

video studio 7 installtion problem...

Hi,
                            Further to my prev mail, I looked up all messages and found that Mike's problem was solved after deleting 7.0 directory in "My Documents -> UleadVideoStudio". However, my problem persists even after doing that.

Anybody who knows what to do, please reply.
                            I looked up Ulead product forums...no one has posted anything about this...I have posted the question and also mailed to their tech support...so far no reply.

I got this product as part of the package when I purchased ADS DVD Xpress. I went to www.adstech.com, but the "support" page does not open!!!

Awaiting help from all of you, specifically the VideoStudio7 and ADS DVD Xpress users...

Thanks,
                            Anand

Comment

• rsquirell
                              Digital Video Master
                              Digital Video Master
                              • Feb 2003

I got curious and checked out the VS7 support forum. I saw your post there, padhyea...and the lame uninstall/reinstall response. I checked out the installation FAQ and noticed there was a big section on finding the serial number...which got me to thinking. Have you guys registered the product? I think that even if you aren't buying anything you still may have to register.

Comment

Working...