Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • harveymasons
    • Dec 2003

question on dvd decryper

I have been reading several guides on ripping dvds to HD and had a question regarding 2 functions in dvd dvd decryper.

I notice there are two modes to rip w/ file mode and ISO mode,
    could someone explain to me the differences in these to modes and advantages and disadvantages in both??

I am looking to burn w/ out losing any video quality or as little as possible so I don't notice any degrade in video quality.

ALso, I have read that in using one of theses modes you will require Daemon tools?? What does this software do that requires the use of it and which mode requires it??

As always thanks for the help!

Harvey
    Last edited by harveymasons; 11 Dec 2003, 03:31 AM.
  • LonelyWolf
    • Dec 2003

first: Please excuse my poor english!
    second:
    there are 3 modes to rip a dvd in dvddecrypter:file mode, ifo mode, iso mode.
    Let's start.

file mode: U can see all ifo/bup/vob files on dvd, so u can choose what u want to rip

ifo mode: dvddecrypter autoselect ifo/bup/vob needed to rip only the main movie

iso mode: (mode->iso->read) with this mode u can create the iso (and mds) image of the dvd. this file can be used with daemon tools to mount a virtual dvd, and if the original dvd is lower than 4.7Gb u can also burn the image by dvddecrypter (mode->iso->burn)

ISO mode no loss quality, your backup is identical to the original one.

using other modes you have some work to do and the final quality depends by the lenght.

daemon tools aren't required.

hope clear.

Comment

Working...