Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lonnie hensley
    • Dec 2003

can't download the "dvdshrink23.zip" file

i am having alot of problems when ever i try to down load the "dvdshrink file from the site " it starts downloading fine and says it is down loading to a temporary folder but as it looks like it is finishing the last of it , the display of the tranfering files just starts blinking on and off every second and then i have no control over the computer to do anything ,i have to completly shut it down by the button (i can't do it even by the regular shut down system) . i have a windows 98 hewlett packard ,pavilion xe743 . can anyone pleas help me with this problem ? i have downloaded other stuff o.k. but some things such as this causes the above problem . any help would be greatly appreciated. so i can download this "was it because i wasn't registered at the time??
    lonnie
  • gd_nimrod
    • Nov 2002

When it asks you to choose whether to "open" or "save" the file to disk...choose save and select a location.
    Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
    http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• lonnie hensley
      • Dec 2003

downloading problems still

thanks for the advice i did actually download the beta 3.0 with no problem before you had written and had done it the way you said , but when i had tried to download the other programs first time it would be downloading and showing the downloading file display but when it got to the end (finishing up ) it didn't show the display of "do you want to save or open " all it did was start flashing on and off on the screen and locked the computer up to where the only way to stop it was manually pushing the off button as i said it is still driving me crazy as i have tried to download other programs and had the same problem(but not on all programs) i have noticed on the help button on the beta 3 does not work it just says error . is the info. to how to use it elsewhere that i can get ?? also if anyone ever figures out why i'm having the download problem that keeps the download display from showing open or save(on some downloads) please let me know . thanks,
      lonnie

Comment

Working...