Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shortstuff
    • Jan 2002

improper VBR audio encoding ...

Hi guy's, I'm getting an error message :- improper VBR audio encoding in AVI, then it tells me to uncompress the wav and recompress it at a constant bitrate 144.6 +- 24.6kbps when I load the avi into virtuadub 1.4.8.
    It tries to rectify the file, but there's still no sound when I spit the file.
    I've checked the previous posts, but can't find anything relating to this problem. I need to know a. how to seperate the files (audio & video) & then how to recompress & join them into a single file. Any advice/guidence welcome.
    Shortstuff
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If I understand you correctly, VDub1_4_8 allowed you to load the file. If so, in order to properly extract a WAV file, do the following:

1) For safety's sake, under "Video", select "Direct Stream Copying"

2) Under "Audio", select "Full Processing Mode". Then select "Conversion". If not already at 48,000, set to 48,000. Then select "Compression" - and choose "PCM (No Compression)" and 48,000

3) Under "File", select "Save WAV"

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• shortstuff
      • Jan 2002

wav ripped

Hi Setarip, I've as you suggested with no problems. I now have a wav file about 1,038,191. Whats the next step??
      Thanx

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Load your original video (the one that causes VDub to advise you of the problem).

Then, from the "Audio" dropdown menu, select ".WAV audio". Load your uncompressed .WAV file.
        Select "Full Processing Mode.
        Click on "Conversion". Select 44,100.
        Click on "Compression". Select MP3. Choose your desired sampling rate (I usually use 96Kbps).

Under the "Video" dropdown menu, change to "Direct Stream Copy".

Under the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as AVI". Save with a new filename.

Comment

• shortstuff
          • Jan 2002

combiniung audoio & video

Originally posted by setarip
          Load your original video (the one that causes VDub to advise you of the problem).

Then, from the "Audio" dropdown menu, select ".WAV audio". Load your uncompressed .WAV file.
          Select "Full Processing Mode.
          Click on "Conversion". Select 44,100.
          Click on "Compression". Select MP3. Choose your desired sampling rate (I usually use 96Kbps).

Under the "Video" dropdown menu, change to "Direct Stream Copy".

Under the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as AVI". Save with a new filename.

Hi Setarip, I tried the above with Virtuadub, however when I come to compression, if I select Mpeg layer 3 the highest rate I have available is 56k, if I use the DivX then there is a 96k available, but there doesn't seem to be anything happening. I left my system running (650 MHz Athlon, 256mb ram, 40 Gb hd) for 7 hours only to produce a 16,389k file. Is this normal?
          Thanx 4 your help & patience,

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"if I select Mpeg layer 3 the highest rate I have available is 56k"

Download and install the Radium MP3 codec - then follow the procedures I previously suggested.

Comment

• shortstuff
              • Jan 2002

installed radium ..

Originally posted by setarip
              "if I select Mpeg layer 3 the highest rate I have available is 56k"

Download and install the Radium MP3 codec - then follow the procedures I previously suggested.
              Hey Setarip, I've done as you sugested & it worked a treat!many thanks for the advice & patience. It's much appreciated.
              Just out of curiosity, whats the maximum mpeg file size I can use on a vcd? The only reason I ask is that nero rejected a couple of disks @ about 4 - 500 Mb.

Shortstuff

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

VCDs, in a manner similar to audio CDs, are time-related rather than size related. You can fit approximately 60 to 75 minutes of compliant VCD video on a 650 Meg (74 minutes), perhaps as much as 80 minutes on a 700Meg (80 minutes) CD-R.

Comment

• zoli
                  not sure
                  • Jan 2002

hey, Setarip, you are climbing the ladder, arent you?

z.

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

What "ladder"?

To what are you referring?

Comment

• zoli
                      not sure
                      • Jan 2002

I mean since last time I saw your post you advanced to video digital overlord?
                      cheers

z.

Comment

• shortstuff
                        • Jan 2002

Originally posted by zoli
                        I mean since last time I saw your post you advanced to video digital overlord?
                        cheers

z.
                        Now now boys, no fighting! Seriously, Setarip's been a big help & guide. (creeping eh? do you feel a question comming on?) on another matter (quick change of subject or what!)
                        I have a file (avi) that when I create a vcd with Winoncd the vcd has sound but no picture. If I use Nero The picture is crap & the sound out of sync. It palys fine through Mediaplayer, so what could be the problem. I've tried to encode it using TMPGE and the same thing happens, sound, no pic.
                        The file specs are as follows
                        Audio - MPEG Layer3 56kbits 24,000Hz stereo,
                        Video - 352 x 288, 24 Bits 38528 Frames, 12.5 Frames/Sec, 44Kb/Sec Ms-MPEG4 v3.
                        I asume since the video is 12.5 frames it's PAL, am I right on this??
                        Thanx in advance ..

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
                          • Nov 2001

Correct me if i am wrong please But try using V Dub to change the Frame Rate from 12.5 to 24 and see how you go. I forgot to mention that Kiwibloke mentioned this in a earlier post and is having mixed results, just an idea though as i havent encountered this problem YET myself but only going off what i have read

Cheers
                          Last edited by 1 Smelly Fish; 2 Feb 2002, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Working...