Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robert4871
    • Dec 2003

AVI Files to TS_ VOB files

Hi I need help I've tried downloading a film to my DVD but the fil4es are in AVI format I've managed to change the files to mpegs but that would let me download them to my DVD recorder. I need to tranfer the AVI files ti ts_vob files, can anyone tell me what software I need? Can you help? Robert4871
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
    (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• robert4871
      • Dec 2003

Hi I've tried using "TMPGNec" to convert the AVI fto MPEGS but the Video Source option wuoldn't accept the AVI files as they were not supported. I treid "TMPGNec DVD Author" but it wouldn't accept any of my files as I haven't got the right resolution on my Computer. I managed to change the AVI files through a programe called WINPEG Video Converter but when I went to put them on Nero to burn them to my DVD Nero wouldn't accept them as they only suppport the ts dictionary. What do you think I'm doing wrong? Robert4871

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

1) Load the original .AVI file into VirtualDub (or any of its variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

The audiostream is probably in either .AC3 format or Variable Bitrate MPEG Layer 3 (VBR .MP3).

If it proves to be .AC3:

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to the highest priority. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

If it proves to be VBR:

Simply use VirtualDubMOD (Different than standard VirtualDub), to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
        Using VirtualDubMOD to Convert "VBR" .MP3 to Uncompressed .WAV

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDubMOD (a different program than the standard VirtualDub)

2) From the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Direct Stream Copy"

3) From the "Streams" dropdown menu, select "Stream List" - and rightclick on the audio stream, then select "Full Processing Mode" - then click on "OK"

4) From the "File" dropdown menu, save with a new filename

Comment

• robert4871
          • Dec 2003

Hi I've managed to download my AVI files onto a DVD through a programe clled "NERO VISION EXPRESS" but the DVD will play on my computer but not on my ordinary DVD. It will load onto my ordinary dvd but when I press play it wont play. Can you help? Robert4871

Comment

• rsquirell
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Feb 2003

That's because Nero Vision Express doesn't build the VIDEO_TS files necessary to create a Video DVD...what you made is a data DVD or image DVD...they'll play on the PC, but not a stand-alone player. You need a DVD Authoring program.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"Can you help?"

I'd suggest you re-read my first two responses to you (instead of trying seemingly easy things that don't work)...

Comment

Working...