dvd author converted video but encoded audio is illegal????

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobbyboy2004
    • Jan 2004

dvd author converted video but encoded audio is illegal????

i used dvd2svcd to encode an avi file using tmpgenc with a file having divx5.0 codec and MPEG-1 Layer 3 sound to be able to put it on a dvd.
    when i finished converting it had encoded video file (mpv format) and an encoded audio file which was 1.15gb but was .wav which tmpgenc wont allow me to put into a dvd cos it said it was illegal audio format so why did it encode it to a wav file in the first place and how do i encode the damn thing to get a sound file that i can actually put in in sync to make the dvd?????
    Attached Files
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"i used dvd2svcd to encode an avi file using tmpgenc"

By viewing you screenshot, you are actually using "TMPGEnc DVD Author"–a different program than the regular TMPGEnc.

I would convert your original AVI file in the "Regular" TMPGEnc program using the DVD or SVCD template (NTSC or PAL)–this will ensure that you will get a DVD compliant Mpeg 2 file that DVD Author should accept. It sounds like something went wrong when you used "DVD2SVCD" to encode.

Comment

• bobbyboy2004
      • Jan 2004

i think you may be right cos i had started doing that today but the thing is the mpeg 2 files are huge they end up just enough to fit onto a dvd but i dunno if the sound and stuff is definently right.
      isnt there just one single program that just rips al yer avi's into vob's regardless of which type of file it is. i dont mind the time scale its just all this carry on of identifying certain files and stuff driving me nuts

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"isnt there just one single program that just rips al yer avi's into vob's regardless of which type of file it is."

Sorry, no there isn't.

Comment

• bobbyboy2004
          • Jan 2004

i encoded it now using tmpgenc and converted it to a mpeg 2 file
          its 4 gig in size but seems quite choppy as if it slows down for a fraction of a millisecond and speeds up in its not really that bad but its not the same as the source any ideas????

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"its not really that bad but its not the same as the source any ideas????"

Did you encode using the DVD template?

Comment

• bobbyboy2004
              • Jan 2004

im afraid im that much of a newbie how do you mean????

Comment

• ormonde
                Digital Video Explorer
                • Dec 2003

"im afraid im that much of a newbie how do you mean????"

Open TMPGEnc. If the "Project Wizard" dialog box does not come up automatically, then go to "File" > "Project Wizard" (or hit Ctrl W). This will bring up the "Project Wizard" dialog box. On the left side window, select the "DVD Template" (NTSC or PAL). At the bottom right click "Next" and load you AVI into "Video File". The audio should automatically show up in the "Audio File" box with the same path as the video file. Follow the prompts and off you go.

Comment

• bobbyboy2004
                  • Jan 2004

yeah but thats what im sayin when it converts this file and i go to the output file that has been converted its jumpy so what settings to i need to change to get an exact copy of my original????

Comment

• ormonde
                    Digital Video Explorer
                    • Dec 2003

"yeah but thats what im sayin when it converts this file and i go to the output file that has been converted its jumpy so what settings to i need to change to get an exact copy of my original????"

Try the following:

In TMPGEnc, under "Project Wizard" select the DVD Template (NTSC or PAL). Click next and Load you AVI file into the video window-the audio will appear in the audio window. Click next and you will come to the "Filter Setting" dialog. At the bottom click "Other Settings". Under "Video Source Setting" check the "Field Order". If it is set to "Top Field First (Field A)" then change it to "Bottom Field First (Field B)" or vice versa (bottom first, then change to top first). After that, click OK and continue as normal with your encoding and output your file.

Comment

Working...