X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rayman
    • Jan 2002

Questions from a first timer...

Salutations,

I'm totaly new to this DivX stuff, but not new to using my computer.

So, if I have downloaded a file like "Movie - DivX.avi" how exactly do I burn this file to a CD so it can be viewed on a DVD player? Is it even possible? If so, which programs do I need to install to do this?

I have a CD-RW in my system, but there is no DVD player in the system. The DVD would have to be played on a seperate DVD player. Does this matter?

I'm using a Win98SE machine.

Thanks for any help,

-Rayman
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

In order to create a CD-R that MAY be viewable on your standalone DVD player, you will first have to convert the DivX format .AVI file inot MPEG1-Video CD (or MPEG2-Super Video CD) format.

The software that I would suggest for this task is TMPGEnc - and, of course, CD-R burning software (I prefer NERO Burning ROM v.5.0xxx, as opposed to the more recent versions).

Even if you successfully create a perfect VCD CD-R, you may be disappointed to discover that it won't play on your standalone DVD player. Many standalone DVD players are "finicky" about which brands of CD-Rs they will recognize. I've had great success with the following brands: Prime Peripherals, ArtMedia, and Princo. Additionally, most standalone DVD players WILL recognize most brands of R/W CDs.

For more detailed information about your specific brand/model DVD player, go to:

Video forums, video software downloads, guides, blu-ray players and media.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...