Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lingoguysw5
    • Jun 2003

How do u synch xvid movies?

Can anyone help? I have an xvid movie which plays back fine on my pc but I want to put it on dvd. I have tested it for bad frames with virtualdub no probs, then saved the audio and video separately with direct stream no probs Now, encoding it with tmpgenc I use the SVCD template and not the wizard as this holds the correct fps 24,976. I then encode the video and audio separately then go to to tools where I simple multiplex, when I play it back there is sound but it is not synchronised with the action. How do I correct this? I do not have this difficult with divx files which I can save and encode all as one without losing the audio. But Xvid does not allow you to do this.

I do hope somebody has the answer for me. Thanks alot Clive
  • megamachine
    Video Fiddler
    • Mar 2003

As long as you are using TMPGEnc to encode the video, you can also correct the audio problem, but it is somewhat hit and miss to determine how much correction you need, in terms of milliseconds. You'll get it with a little practice. First, once your file and template are loaded into TMPGEnc, go to Settings, then Source Range, and at the bottom you will see Audio Gap Correct. Use that to try and bring the audio and video in line. You can encode a few minutes, then stop to check the result, so you don't have to wait the few hours for the entire movie to be re-encoded.

Comment

• lingoguysw5
      • Jun 2003

TMPgenc has no playback sound to synch

I know with tmpgenc you can adjust the audio gap but it doesn't seem to have any sound so you can see what you are adjusting. Also as the clips are encoded separately then multiplexed iti makes it even the more harder and time consuming. If only you could simply adjust the audio with the mpeg movie video/audio life would be a better place

Comment

• shiny#3
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Jul 2003

this out of sync problem is well-known when transcoding and Xvid file to mpeg standards.

the origin of this problem is mainly an audio stream
        with variable bit rate
        the best workaround for such problems is to transcode
        the audio streams into a format with constant bitrate
        the following instructions are excerpts from previously posted instructions mostly posted by setarip and myself.

I hope that these instructions will be of some help for you

" the more difficult thing about this is to get the avifiles Tmpeg
        ready.....

there are many different codecs used and wrapped in an
        avi container......

Tmpeg has its difficulties to process avi files that have a variable
        bitrate in audio.... and somtimes with audiostreams that are in ac3

I recommend that you check your avi before you start Tmpeg....
        you can use Gspot or virtualdub mod for that purpose

In case you have an avi with VBR mp3 audio..
        there are many posts in here to convert an avi that includes
        a variable bitratestream in audio to wav.... here is one of it

using VirtualDubMOD to Convert "VBR" .MP3 to Uncompressed .WAV

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDubMOD (a different program than the standard VirtualDub) , ignore the message about VBR audio and hit NO....

2) From the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Direct Stream Copy"

3) From the "Streams" dropdown menu, select "Stream List" - and rightclick on the audio stream, then select "Full Processing Mode"
        rightclick again on the audiostream, then in compression select
        no compresion (PCM) then click on Demux and enter a filename with the wav suffix (e.g. terminator.wav) to save the audio.

4) After the audio has been saved open streamlist --> streams again and click on disable

5) Save with a new filename.

now you have a proper audiofile and a silent videofile that you can load into Tmpeg

in case you have an avi with AC3....
        load your avi into TMpeg

Then, in TMPGEnc, under "Environmental Settings", set the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" to the highest priority listed ("1" is usually sufficient.

TMPGEnc will now be able to process both the video and audio streams of this file..."

or if this does not work

load your file into virtualdub MOD newest version (Not virtual dub)

demux your audiofile by choosing -->stream-->streamlist-->demux-->"filename".ac3
        use the program "Headac3 he" to process it to wav.....

then use your original avi to be a source for the tmpeg videosource
        and the headac3 he outputfile as audiosource

the basic information has been posted by setarip... I altered it
        and enhanced some additional information

all of the mentioned porgrams besides Tmpeg enc , Tmpeg dvd author and dvdlab are freeware

good luck

1) Load your original .AVI into Virtual Dub
        Ignore the the errormessage that tells you to rewrite the VBR
        header with a CBR header and hit "NO"

2)Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy" in the video dropdown menue

3) Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode" (Virtual dub only!!! -For VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list">>rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Full Processing Mode")
        From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" and choose "No compression(PCM)" (Virtual dub only!!! - For VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list">>rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Compression" and choose "No compression(PCM)")

4) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV" (In VIrtualDubMOD, "Save WAV" is located under the "Streams" drodpown menu) (Enter a new filename with a ".WAV" extender).Click on "OK"

5) Then save the .AVI as a silent .AVIusing a new filename! (Virtual dub only - set "Audio" to "No audio" after you've saved the WAV file. - For VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list">>click on the listed audiostream and then select "Disable"). "

good luck on encoding

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Now, encoding it with tmpgenc I use the SVCD template and not the wizard as this holds the correct fps 24,976."

(By the way, it should be 23.976fps NOT 24.976fps)

If you are burning to DVD, you should convert your files to compliant DVD format (NOT SVCD) as follows:

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
          (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...