Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smokeater
    • Feb 2004

MPG Problems

first of all i want to thank anyone in advance if you make an effort to help me out here,.

problem is, I'm trying to play an svcd file, which is in .mpg format. now ive tried nimo pack, tsunami, and a few others to no avail.

ive tried ffdshow, still nothing. the only thing i seem to be able to get is a blackish screen with some green, and garbled audio.

I downloaded avicodec to observe what codecs i do have, and needless to say theres a whole whackload.

the filename im trying to play is AVSEQ01.MPG, and it resides in a folder named MPEG2. is there any trick to getting this to play? or do i just burn it to a cd to watch in my dvd player? ive tried almost all players, Gdivx, powerdvd, wdmp, any help would be great!!

-smokeater
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Load your mpeg file into VirtualDubMod (a variant of the regular Virtual Dub). Go to "File" > "File Information" and post what is listed in the video and audio information. You could as an alternative, download a program called "GSpot" that will provide similar information.

Comment

• Smokeater
      • Feb 2004

I will try virtualdubmod right now, i tried gspot and it said it couldnt open my file, ill post another reply in a few minutes about virtualsub

Comment

• Smokeater
        • Feb 2004

ok i tried what you said ormonde and it gives me an error saying it cant detect file type?? where do i go from here?

Comment

• ormonde
          Digital Video Explorer
          • Dec 2003

Sounds like you have a corrupt mpeg file. I'm not sure what you can do. You could do a google search and try to see if there is some kind of utility that can repair damaged mpeg files.

Comment

• Smokeater
            • Feb 2004

ok thanks fo ryour help man!

Comment

• ormonde
              Digital Video Explorer
              • Dec 2003

"ok thanks fo ryour help man!"

Glad to be of help

Comment

Working...