Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ampm01
    • Feb 2004

DISK ERROR on Toshiba DVD Video player

I just burnt a movie on to a dvd-r and I am able to play it fine on my dvd drive in my pc, but when I try to play it in my toshiba dvd video player I get disk error. Can anyone offer any suggestions to what my problem might be? I have a toshiba sd-2710 if this helps.

Thanks for the help!!
    Last edited by ampm01; 14 Feb 2004, 01:33 PM.
  • Quality's Proof
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Jan 2004

ampm01,

If you want a quicker solution, list your rig's spec.'s, software used for burning the discs, what type (brand name and whether discs are -R or +R), steps you used to make the back-ups and the make and model of your burner and your reader (if seperate drive).

BTW.......Toshibas are somewhat difficult for some burning software to please.
    Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• iggy99
      • Mar 2004

same problem

i too have the same problem

win xp pro p3 933

used encore, mydvd, premier 7.0

got 2 successful dvd writes -one encore and one mydvd

both disks fail - disk error on home desktop player

the mydvd- only play on local machine (computer that burned disk) - on initial load - the mydvd disk will not play once stopped view - the encore disk seems to work fine

my home dvd player is toshiba sd-2700 and all i get is disk error on both disk

my burn unit is a brand new - came in box marked pacific digital 8x dvd +- dvd burner part number u-30201

when i get ready to burn disk the installed burner is given as lite-on dvdrw ldw-851s (firmwareGS08)

my disks used for this are Khypermedia dvd+r 4.7gb disk

i am really confused and have spent untold hours trying to transfer home dv cam to apps to dvd - and am about to throw in the towell..

any suggestions on how i can successfully burn dvd's to play on my home dvd palyer - ?

a note, never have i had any sort of disk error problem with this dvd toshiba player -
      Last edited by iggy99; 19 Mar 2004, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Mig$y
        Retired
        • Jan 2004

It doesn't look like your Toshiba supports the DVD+R format.
        As you have a dual format burner try a DVD-R.

Comment

• iggy99
          • Mar 2004

why does finding nemo and ANY other dvd rented from my local video store work?

how do all of these dvd publishing companies know what is compatible in MY player and how is it they work?

now i am even more confused -

i hope to produce a series of gardening and orchid plant dvd's and marken them on thewww and SELL the disks - how can i be sure they will play on a TYPICAL home desktop dvd player?

many thanks

Comment

• Mig$y
            Retired
            • Jan 2004

There are two main categories of DVD, Pressed and Recordable.

The DVD's you rent & buy from a video shop are pressed DVD's. These will work in over 99% of DVD Players and computer DVD ROM drives.

What you are creating is a Recordable DVD (DVD+R/RW // DVD-R/RW) which is what is giving you the compatabilty problems.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"i hope to produce a series of gardening and orchid plant dvd's and marken them on thewww and SELL the disks - how can i be sure they will play on a TYPICAL home desktop dvd player?"

The only way to be SURE will be to spend the money to have an outside service PROFESSIONALLY PRESS your DVDs (NOT to burn them yourself)...

Comment

Working...