Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lava
    • Nov 2001

Dang, this is confusing...

So I'm trying to get rid of Macrovision on my NVIDIA Gforce card, so I can watch DVDs on my TV. I'm new at all of this stuff.

The link on Digital-Digest link to soft-Cinemaster98 is gone. So I tried searching for it on Morpheus. I came up with a bunch of DLL and AX files. I downloaded a few of these, and then looked on Digital-Digest for installation instructions. I found some, but it was very weird. It seemed as though there were no EXE files at all, just strange placements of drivers and other things. And none of it seemed relevant to Win2000, which is what I use. At this point I'm very confused.

I went to the Ravisent site, but there is no evaluation version, and I am not going to buy something before I know it will work with my system (I've already tried the TV tool to get rid of Macrovision, and it practically crashes my computer).

It seems there is no easy way of getting soft-Cinemaster to work on a computer...??

Any help would be appreciated,

Lava
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

The "sale" version of Cinemaster won't work to allow you to set Macrovision off, so I guess while this link may be considered illegal, it is also very necessary, so here goes :

or

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Also remembered that the Macrovision-off method that needs Cinemaster is for a specific version of the GeForce card (actually a GeForce card with a specific TV-output encoder chip), so it may not work on your card. Similarly, the other method involving TV-Tools may or may not work on your card.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• lava
      • Nov 2001

Thanks for the help.

I went to those pages, but all of the Ravisent Cinemaster 2000 full install files are not there when you click on them.

So I installed the cinemaster 2.0.36.6158 decoder, then the Elsa Cinemaster 99 player.

When I try to run the player it says "DVD Player loading, please stand by..." and never does anything else.

So, what am I doing wrong?

Sorry to be such a pain, but I'm used to simply running an .exe file...

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

If Elsa 2.0 + 2.0.xx decoders won't work, the next step is to try installing an older version (which usually works).

The preferred install option is Cinemaster QI player 1.6 + 1.0.28 modified, or perhaps better, the 1.0.32 decoder.

You will still need to follow the installation instructions here :

Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• lava
          • Nov 2001

Finally got around to trying the QI 1.6 player with the 1.0.28 and 1.0.32 decoders. When I open up the "DVD Player" icon that QI 1.6 setup created, it gives me this error:

The procedure entry point ThunkConnect32 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

What is this, and how can I fix it? I feel like I am so close to finally making this work.

Comment

Working...