Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ellisjonathan
    • Feb 2002

having problems with divx sound codecs

Right i am fairly new but have played around a bit.... i am used to encoding etc but i am havign a problem with divx sound codec.... this is very strange, here is the problem:

when i play the film (in win media player 8) it comes up with
    connecting to codec server
    sending request for codec

these flicker between the two for a while then it plays the film, with no sound..... Using virtual dub have found that i am missing the microsoft audio codec.... but i have that... so i was very confused..... i have played around on another persons computer and they have 3 other coecs that are divx related which i don't have yet i have installed the full package (4.12) with the playa (in the playa it just plays with no sound (no sending requests etc)

Wondering if anyone has had similar problems or if anyone knows where i can get hold of the divx sound codecs....

cheers
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"..... Using virtual dub have found that i am missing the microsoft audio codec"

And just which audio codec does VDub indicate was used to create the audiostream of this file? If it's WMA V2, then you need to download and install the DivX v.3.11alpha codec, which includes this audio codec...

Comment

• ellisjonathan
      • Feb 2002

Right using vitual dub... it cannot find what codecto use in the properties it says everything else but under compression it says unknown (tag 0161) and have narrowed it down to the sound codec that comes with divx... i will try the alpa 3.11 and see what happens, i was just wondering if anyone had this prblem.... and how they solved it.....

cheers for the help...

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Tag 0161 is DEFINITELY the identifier of the DivX 3.11 audio...

Comment

Working...