Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damsel
    • Dec 2003

Audio / Video out of sync

I got a swann video capture card for xmas .... and am still mucking around with this

Have not been able to successfuly create 1 dvd yet where the audio and video are in sync

It has to be the capture, as if I have a avi or divx I can successfully convert to dvd - no problem.

Have tried soooo many programs now, quite a few of which I've had to buy.

I thought maybe it was the tracking whilst playing the VHS, but even on a brand new video that doesn't track it still does it.

The beginning will start out perfect .... mid way thru it's a little bit out - by the end of the video it's about 30 seconds out, which is way too much

The guys in the 'puter shop where I bought it from have been able to do it successfully with Ulead Video Studio 5 which came with the capture card

I've also tried Power Director, DVD XMaker (which came the closest - but not quite), Ulead DVD Movie Factory 2, VCD Easy, and several others that I've since deleted.

All I need to do is sucessfully (& without it being too difficult) is create a .avi ..... I can then do the rest

I'm running an AMD 1800XP
    768mb ram
    GeForce 4 MX440
    Soundblaster Live 5.1
    LG GSA 4040B DVD Burner
    1 x 80Gb Hard Drive
    1 x 120Gb 7200 Hard Drive
    Swann Video Capture Card Analog
    XP Pro

Any solutions .... am about to give it away & buy these DVD's

Thanks
    Helen
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"All I need to do is sucessfully (& without it being too difficult) is create a .avi ..... I can then do the rest"

What video format is your capture card compatible with? (AVI; mpeg)

Comment

Working...