X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redallover73
    • Apr 2004

TMPGEnc.exe error

Please Help a Newbie

I'm trying to convert an XVID file to DVDR and have TMPGEnc. After altering the Dirct show Media VAPI plug to the highest priority whe I load the film file into TMPGEnc I now get the message Entry Point Not Found the the following erroe message.

The procedure entry point
    ?GetUnicodeStr@CSimpleTextSubtitle@@AE?AVCString@@ H_N@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library vobsub.dll.

Has anybody else had this problem and solv ed it. If so can anyone please help as I haven't been able to successfully convert one AVI file.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Is this an XviD file that YOU'VE created?

2) It seems to be seeking a separate subtitle file

Comment

• redallover73
      • Apr 2004

No not created myself it is a film XVID file. There are no subtitles to the file.

The problem only occurrs when I change the direct show media priority.

If there are no subtitles to the file then why should TMPGEnc do this? The file will load and when you encode it goes through with it but there is oMB file size each time.

The only other thing is that there is no file loaded for DVD2AVI.vfp but I don't think this has anything to do with the problem does it??

Sorry for being such a newbie but have tried all sorts but just cannot suss this one out.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Make sure you have BOTH an XviD (NOT DivX) codec and the FFDShow filter installed.

Use the TMPGEnc DVD wizard/template

Comment

• redallover73
          • Apr 2004

IT's OK have sourced the problem and fixed it.

I should've realised earlier that I'd done a recent fresh install of TMPGEnc and there was an old .exe file which was causing the conflict. Everything is working fine now but thanks to setarip for making some useful suggestions.

IF at first you don't succeed then just try again and again!!!!!

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"thanks to setarip for making some useful suggestions."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• redallover73
              • Apr 2004

Oooh no it's happening again and after looking through all the files of TMPGEnc nothing is now conflicting, however, it only happens after I change the enviromental settings> Directshow Media plug in priority to the highest. Can someone please advise what order their enviromental settings are. This might solve the problem as I know it's a subtitle problem but if the film does not have any subtitles, why is it trying to locate them???

It is not preventing me from encoding but when you choose to do multi pass encoding and this bit is finished it doesn't automatically start the encoding as this message appears and I have to click the box about 6 or 7 times before is restarts. It's very frustrating and I now can't encode the full file without having to do this at 50%.

Comment

• ormonde
                Digital Video Explorer
                • Dec 2003

"it only happens after I change the enviromental settings> Directshow Media plug in priority to the highest."

Simply revert back to the settings that you had when you did the fresh install.

Comment

• redallover73
                  • Apr 2004

When I do this the film length then multiplies 4 and you end up with 220 mins for a 80 min film so that doesn't work unless I have something missing from the list. The only file not included is the DVD2AVI.vfp file all others are there so have you any further suggestions as have fully uninstalled and re-installed again and the same thing keeps occurring. If even happesn when opening TMPGEnc from scratch just because of the priority settings but have to have DirectShow Media as the highest otherwise all the film lengths multiply like I've described above.

It is very frustrating as have tried all sorts of different things but just can't get rid of it.

Comment

• ormonde
                    Digital Video Explorer
                    • Dec 2003

"but have to have DirectShow Media as the highest otherwise all the film lengths multiply like I've described above"

Try setting the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" to the "Second" highest priority, but I don't think this is the cuase of your present problem.

Comment

Working...