Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ibet5
    • Apr 2004

new to dvd but lookin for help with vcd

hi all, i am new to the dvd backup world. i will be reading the files here it looks like alot for me to learn, but i was also hoping to learn to backup a karaoke cd i believe this is vcd but not sure can anyone tell me where to start as a newbie in this area i would appriciate any advise you have thanks
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

I believe you can just copy a VCD to the hard drive...or from one drive to a CD burning drive. If not, you can find free ripping software (Smartripper or DVDecrytor), rip the video to harddrive and burn a new CD.

Comment

• ibet5
      • Apr 2004

i have a ripper but the more i read during this night it looks like a karaoke cd is a cdg and im not sure where to begin, i am getting a karaoke cd today and going to try things but if anyone has input please feel free to help ill take all the help i can get. thanks rsquirell

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Click on "Search" (Between "Home" and "User CP" near the top of this page) and enter the word "karaoke". You'll find many similar questions - with answers...

Comment

• ibet5
          • Apr 2004

thanks i will read those

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"thanks i will read those"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• ibet5
              • Apr 2004

i am reading those posts but i am so far behind i dont see any answers. i need to do some playing first thanks

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

Here's one answer from a different forum:

"Just copy them as you would a VCD. Karaoke VCDs are just VCDs. I have copied some, using WinOnCD but I am sure any CD-R copier can do, even those that can't author VCD, like the older version or Adaptec/Corel CD Creator Deluxe 3.5,as long as it can copy multi- session CD.
                If you want to grab certain songs and recompile them, then get vcdgear to read the tracks, and then burn them using VCD authoring software, such as WinOnCD, VideoPack, or nero, or CD Creator...

-- Rusman E. priyana (priyana@eudoramail.com), November 03, 2000."

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

Read the "Help files" at this site:

Comment

• ibet5
                    • Apr 2004

i was at that site and was reading, i found alot of material but so far i think im alot further behind then i originally thought. i have so many progs downloaded im lost. you can laugh if u need to. lol
                    i have 1 question: when u buy a karaoke cd from store what format does it come.?
                    ok maybe 2 : if i buy a karaoke cd and put it in computer how can i tell what format it is?
                    see how far behind i am.....

Comment

Working...