X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • meer
    • Apr 2004

Some AVI freeze

Hi,

I have a problem with most (but not all) of my .avi files. They play fine for 10 seconds, then freeze. The audio continues, but the video stops totally. When i shifty around the scroll bar it skips to the right place audio-wise, but the video still remains on the 10 second image.

I downloaded a program called GSpot that told me I had the right codecs for it, and that my system 'claimed' to be able to play the files.

This has happened once before, so i uninstalled all the codecs I'd downloaded, and after a re-install it sorted it out, but that hasn't worked this time. It'd be fine if i could convert them to mpg, but it turns out that TMPGEnc or other converters won't touch the file unless i can actually play it (and i've tried it on several versions of media player, and on real player too - all have the same problem)

Right-clicking on the files tells me that the video codec is a GT Codec, but i was sure they were supposed to be DivX??

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.
  • meer
    • Apr 2004

Oh, i feel rather stupid now!

I reinstalled DivX codec, and they didn't work. I've just got the DivX player, and they now work fine, even on windows media player.

Sorry!

Comment

• ormonde
      Digital Video Explorer
      • Dec 2003

To meer:

Load your AVI(s) into VirtualDubMod. Go to "File" > "File Information" and post all the information listed in both the video and audio sections of the dialog box, or post a srceen capture.

Comment

Working...