Loss of audio when authoring dvd

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Calle
    • Apr 2004

When extracting the audio stream from the mpeg file (with TMPEnc), it generates a file, but there is no sound! the file lenght is ok, as well as the bitrate, but silence reigns...

This indicates to me that the audio was distorted in the transition from avi to mpg....and that the only possibility left is to DL the original file again---

Calle

Comment

• Calle
      • Apr 2004

TMPGEnc does not give me the possibility of choosing an avi file for de-multiplex. how can I extract the ac3 audio fropm the avi file?

Calle

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

I didn't realise you were already having a bit of a saga with ac3 before I posted to your other thread.
        For demuxing for most the tool of choice is VirtualDubMod.
        Out of the Tmp family of apps I only use the DVD Author so am not familiar with TMPGEnc.
        This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• ormonde
          Digital Video Explorer
          • Dec 2003

"TMPGEnc does not give me the possibility of choosing an avi file for de-multiplex. how can I extract the ac3 audio fropm the avi file?"

I thought that we were dealing with .VOB file(s). You stated in your initial post that you successfully were able to "Author" the original AVI into a DVD file structure (.IFO, .BUP, .VOB). You can load a VOB file into "Mpeg Tools" and easily "De-multiplex" and "Multiplex" the video and Audio streams. A VOB file is an "Interleaved" mpeg 2 file. Go back and re-read my 3rd post “Carefully”.

Comment

• Calle
            • Apr 2004

Ahhh.... the vob files......gotcha...

Comment

Working...