Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SArkon
    • May 2004

DVD on CDR's

I am new at DVD Backups but maybe one of you more technical gurus can answer my question.

I have a DVD that has several 25 minute shows on it. I can use DVD Shrink and reauthor a single program onto my hard drive. My question is, Why can I not use a CD R and burn it like a DVD or make a data disk and copy the files to the sub folder (VIDEO_TS) and play it on my DVD Player? The files are well below 650MB.

• megamachine
    Video Fiddler
    • Mar 2003

Most likely the DVD player will try reading the CD as a VCD, but then not play it since it is not VCD format. You can try converting the VOB files (MPEG-2) for each episode into MPEG-1 VCD format, and burn them onto individual CDs, which should play as VCDs. Actually, if you do that, you can fit 2 or maybe even 3 on one CD.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To SArkon

"Why can I not use a CD R and burn it like a DVD or make a data disk and copy the files to the sub folder (VIDEO_TS) and play it on my DVD Player?"

What you are describing (DVD format on CD-R) is known as a "mini-DVD" - and, unfortunately, most standalone DVD players do NOT recognize this (Although you 'll be able to play it on your PC)...

Comment

Working...