Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4kaz
    • Mar 2004

help with movie

I have a problem a movie to disk (likely VCD?). The file contains 2 folders, CD1 & CD2, a sample mpeg, and a .nfo file (which is blank). Each of those folders contains 50+ .rar files. When I unrared them to separate folders, each folder contains 4 sub-folders: EXT (containing LOT_X.VCD & PSD_X.VCD), MPEGAV (containing AVSEQ01.DAT), SEGMENT, and VCD (containing ENTRIES.VCD, INFO.VCD, LOT.VCD, & PSD.VCD). I have no idea what to do with these. I have tried making a VCD with NERO from these, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. What do I do with them to copy them to either a CD-R or DVD-R? I have many software programs, just please tell me which to use and what method/mode to use.
    Last edited by 4kaz; 27 May 2004, 05:06 AM.
  • megamachine
    Video Fiddler
    • Mar 2003

The DAT files are the movie files. Isolate them, and run them through TMPGEnc, MPEG Tools, Merge and Cut, to make a VCD compliant MPEG-1. Then, load that into Nero and burn as VCD. However, if it is more than 700MB, which is likely, then you will need to strategize how to combine the 4 DAT files onto 2 disks for VCD. There's another option, if you only want to play it on your PC, which is to encode the combined MPEG-1 into a DivX/XviD AVI file, for which there are guides if you surf around.

Comment

• reboot
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Apr 2004

Huh?
      Delete the nfo and sample. Don't need them.
      In the folder with the 50+ .rar files, find the first one, ending with .rar not .ra1, .ra2 etc.
      Click on it to extract with Winrar (hopefully you already have winrar installed and associated with .rar files)
      That will extract ONE mpeg, not 50 little bits of crap that don't mean anything.
      If you do NOT get one mpeg, but end up with the file as above, get ISO Buster and extract the mpeg (AVISEQ.MPEG) as raw.
      If the mpeg is less than 795 meg (or about that) just open Nero, select SVCD and attempt a burn. It should just work, if the file is truly an SVCD. If it doesn't work, try VCD. Whatever you do, do NOT let Nero attempt to re-encode. That will screw it up for sure.
      If you want to put them on DVDr, just author them in a good app like DVDlab that allows multiple svcd on one dvdr.
      My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• 4kaz
        • Mar 2004

Reboot: As I stated in my original post, when I unrared them, each folder contained 4 sub-folders containing: EXT (containing LOT_X.VCD & PSD_X.VCD), MPEGAV (containing AVSEQ01.DAT), SEGMENT, and VCD (containing ENTRIES.VCD, INFO.VCD, LOT.VCD, & PSD.VCD), NOT 1 mpeg. I had already opened it with WinIso...there is no aviseq.mpeg in any of the folders!

Comment

• reboot
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Apr 2004

The AVSEQ01.DAT is the movie. Sorry I got extentions messed up.
          This guide: http://www.videohelp.com/forum/userg...26.php#svcdbin
          My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• 4kaz
            • Mar 2004

thanks reboot...that helped alot

Comment

• BoF
              • Nov 2001

4kaz, could you please edit your 1st post to follow the 6th rule:

thank you
              [www.scandiumrecords.com][Logan dataspirit]