X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • galapogos
    • May 2004

Converting MOV audio to mp3

Hi guys...
    As you can see, I'm new here, and I have a problem converting MOV audio (MOV files taken with my Minolta Dimage Xg digicam) to any other format.

I've googled as much as I can and so far I've only come up with 2 "free" solutions, neither of which works for me.

The first one is to use TMPGEnc with the qtplugin to convert the mov audio to mp2. However, all the supposed guides I've found on the net simply mentioned "use tmpgenc w/qtplugin to convert to mp2" without actually tell me HOW to use tmpgenc to achieve this. I've messed around with tmpgenc 2.5 and I can't seem to find any option to convert the audio to mp2. There's an "output to file->wav" option but I get a silent wav file when I use that. When I try to convert the entire mov to an mpeg1 or avi file I get a silent video file too.

The 2nd one is to use mov2avi -w, but I get the error message "Failure: componentOpenErr"

I've settled the video portion with Radvideo, now may I please know how to convert the mov audio to wav/mp3/any other more friendly format?

Thanks!
  • galapogos
    • May 2004

OK, I've managed to find the option to convert(stream type->ES audio only) to mp2 file, but I'm getting a silent mp2 file, and when I try to use winamp's diskwriter plugin to convert it to wav, the wav turns out silent as well. What am I doing wrong? The original MOV file has audio, and plays perfectly under QT.

Thanks!

Comment

• pilpi
      • Aug 2004

get quicktime components

Hi,

See:

I also had the Failure: componentOpenErr problem with MOV2AVI but that was, then in the end, easy to fix.
      Last edited by pilpi; 7 Aug 2004, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"The original MOV file has audio, and plays perfectly under QT."

In TMPGEnc, go to "Option" > "Environmental Setting". Click the "VFAPI Plugin" tab. Find the "QuickTime Movie Reader" and "Right-click" and increase it to a higher priority. Then try the conversion again.

Comment

Working...