Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lunchy
    • Feb 2002

Somebody Please Help

I appologize if this is the wrong forum for this type of message, but since it's the newbies area, I'm assuming that there's some kind of leeway.

I'm trying to burn .avi files that are DVD rips onto CDs, and sometimes after a file has been burned to a CD, it is jittery and stutters. Does anybody know of issues related to burning DVD rips to CD?
  • 1 Smelly Fish
    • Nov 2001

Hi there, do the AVI files play on your PC well, do they stutter ?
    Are you trying to create a VCD ? if so are you converting the AVI file to MPEG with TMPGEnc ? Or are you just burning off the AVI file off onto CD ?

Let us know some more info and we'll try to help you out

Cheers

Comment

• Lunchy
      • Feb 2002

You see, that's the strange thing. The .avi files play perfectly on my computer, but once they are burned to CD, they become jittery.

I simply burn the file straight onto CD, I do not convert or try to create a VCD of any kind. It seems as though the problem would rest either in the quality of media, my CD burner, or in my Burning software.

I was wondering if anybody has had experiences similar to mine.

Thanks.

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
        • Nov 2001

I think you answered your own questions
        Give a few different brands of media a go, or burn to CDRW to save discs. How old is your Burner ? and What program are you using to burn the AVI files off with ?

Cheers

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

I'd say the burner isn't quite working well (Does not read so fast anymore). My own burner is just like that. I can play most avi files on my harddrive perfectly, but a lot of them are jittery when read from CD, using my burner.

Comment

Working...