Convert 4:3 letterbox to 16:9 anamorphic... how?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jnojr
    • Jun 2004

Convert 4:3 letterbox to 16:9 anamorphic... how?

On another forum, someone said TMPGEnc could do this, but the steps he gave me just don't match up to what I see. I have TMPGEnc 2.521.58.169 The wizard that starts up suggests that it's just for converting AVIs to MPEG-2 files. There are very few buttons and options... there is MPEG Tools, which is the only thing I've found so far that will demux .mpg files

If this isn't the way to do this, what is?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try clicking on the "Settings" radiobutton - and then explore the options available under both the "Video" and "Advanced" tabs...

Comment

• Qyd
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Oct 2002

Convert 4:3 letterbox to 16:9 anamorphic

that woul be either a crop (where you cut sections from the botton and/or top of the video frame) or letterbox (where you add black bars to the side of the video frame).

if your 4:3 video already has black bars atop and below the 16:9 actual video (that would indeed be a letterbox), then you can just cut those black bars.

depending on the imput format and the intended output format, there are different progs that you can use. (for avi to avi, use virtualdub, for avi to mpeg use tmpgenc-use the crop-advanced options)
      Last edited by Qyd; 29 Jun 2004, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Working...