Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • earthangel
    • Jun 2004

wmv woes!!!!

Hi everyone, i am new to all of this, so please forgive my ignorence.
    I would like to know if it is possible to change ( convert) a wmv files, to something smaller, that will not cause any quality loss???
    I am trying to upload some movies i made with WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER, and having a very difficult time.
    please suggest a type of program for conversions.

please help asap!!
    I will greatly appreciate it
  • megamachine
    Video Fiddler
    • Mar 2003

You might want to try ASF Converter by Boilsoft. It's a free trial.

Comment

• megamachine
      Video Fiddler
      • Mar 2003

Just found this guide:

Digital Digest DivX XviD Articles, Guides Section - List of recommended, top 10 DivX, XviD and AVI articles, guides and reviews , latest news and updates

Give it a shot.

Comment

• MPS
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        • Mar 2003

"STOIK Video Converter (http://www.stoik.com/) can convert most WMV files to AVI format. You can then convert the AVI to MPG with, for example TMPGENC. (http://www.tmpgenc.net/).
        Alternatively TMPGENC can convert some WMV files directly to MPG. It doesn't seem to work with all WMV files (at least not on my computer) and WMV isn't listed in the filetypes when you try to load a file. However, select "All files" to list the WMV file and it may load."

u might wanna change wmv to asf extension too, before working on it in tmpengc or virtualdub (only versions 1.3c and older work on asf files no problem).

Comment

• ignignot
          • Mar 2004

If you go into the environmental settings of TMPGEnc, and set Directshow to the highest priority on the VFAPI tab, this is supposed to allow TMPGEnc to open any file that you can open with WMP. However, this should only be done whenever necessary, and in my experience hasn't always worked right.

Hopefully, if that doesn't work there's a way to do this without going to AVI purely as an intermediate step. That is huge waste of time & resources.

Comment

Working...